Thread: About work visa verification process

Default About work visa verification process

My friend(from Bangladesh) has got a job offer from a New Zealand employer. His application is now under process in India branch. Do you know about the processing time for this kind of visa. and more importantly verification process, I mean do they investigate physically all the work places mentioned in the experience certificate? My friend is a bit anxious because his present office has moved location recently. Please share your experience/thoughts.

Processing time will entirely depend on volume of applications and workload at that office just now, which is not predictable. It is unusual for INZ officials to physically go to a workplace or home, but it is possible, and occasionally done. If your friend is anxious, he should write or email to INZ to tell them his current employer's new location.

With so much of outsourcing going on these days, there could be possibility for INZ to have such verification done by 3rd party - just something I'm guessing. BTW, is your friend applying for Work Visa or PR?

Thank you for you suggestion -JandM. I asked my friend to do so. He has applied for work visa. I knew that 3rd party verification is done for SMC applications only as it happened in my case. I did not hear anything about this for work visa application. However, that does not really matter, but curious to know the process as well as the status of application. Everybody passes through some anxious moments after applying...