Thread: What are application developers making these days?

Default What are application developers making these days?

Kiwi living in America I'm a programmer and I'm thinking of moving home . I've been doing research and the cost of living looks to be almost twice as much as It is here in america where I live, but the wages seem to be about the same. For example, as a mid level .net developer (5 years) I make about $85000 a year, but from what I can tell, I would make around $65000 to $80000 in the same job in Auckland. So same money with twice the expenses. Please let me know if that sounds right, or if I am mm off, or if there are other aspects I am not seeing, like cars and petrol are free

Thanks.

NZ is more expensive than America I think. We recently moved from The Netherlands to NZ. But keep in mind that taxes are lower here as well, at least compared to The Netherlands. Highest rate is 33%.
    Wages are a bit lower compared to NL. Only way to find out what you are worth is to apply for a job and see how it goes.
    If you have posted 5 posts, you can send me your CV. I can forward it to our recruitment department, as I work for a large IT company in NZ and I know exactly where to send your details.