Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Required for points calcultaion and chances for my EOI selection

Lightbulb Help Required for points calcultaion and chances for my EOI selection

Hi All,

first of all thanks to all of you for providing help to newbie like me, i am planning to apply for NZ immigration under Skilled worker category, first of all i am confused how many points i can get because in the calculator i am getting 100 and under EOI i got 130 , so too confuse, can you guys help me in calculating my overall points, details are as follow:

a) Age: 30

b) Marital Status: Single

c) Education: Bachelor Computer Science (level 7, already done pre assesment from NZQA)

d) Experience: 8 years

e) Profession : System Engineer (Available under LTSSL i.e. Computer Network and Systems Engineer (263111))

f) IELTS: 7 Overall

Secondly i am sure i will not get 140 points and also very less chances for getting a job offer , so is there any chance for my EOI selection based on the points calculated for the details above. please guide and share your opinions.
    Last edited by vicky_19; 5th March 2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: subject updated

Hi Vicky. Well your situation appears quite like mine. It seems you can secure from 125 to 130 points. In my opinion your EOI can be selected based upon your 8 years experience in field of LTSSL. Same happened to me and my case has been approved. So I would say go ahead and all the best.

Danny

Hi Vicky_19,

Please make 5 posts in this forum and then you will be able to send Private Messages (PM) to the forum members. I am also living in KSA as my location appears. I believe I can give you some guidance if you PM me.

Regards,

Thanks for the replies, will try to enable my account for PM so that i can get guidance from you.

If yo make an online account at immigration, you can complete the entire application for the EOI. You do NOT have to pay or submit it until you are ready, if ever. BUT, it lets you complete it in the entirety and see exactly how many points you will receive.

Yes, I agree with Norgal.

i already have created an online EOI, according to that i got 130 points.but still not 100% sure. BTW i have submitted a new initial pre assesment application to NZQA,waiting for the results, last time i submitted it and according to NZQA i got level 7 for my qualifications. so can i submit my EOI without initial pre assesment results, once receive will update my EOI accordingly.

Hi. A lot depends on the outcome of your actual IQA (not the PAR). If this says you meet the requirements of the LTSSL then your work experience counts regardless of where it is and you can claim the various bonus points. Without a job offer (but with appropriate IQA) you would seem to have 25 for work experience plus 15 AASS bonus points, 50 for qualification plus 10 bonus points for AASS + 25 for age if you have had your 30th birthday. It is your age when the SMC is lodged, not when the EOI is lodged. No EOIs with less than 135 points and no job offer have been selected for a long time. With a job offer though, you would have all the points you need and more. Not sure if this helps or is just disappointing - better not to waste money though. I know it's a gamble, but you could wait for the Silver Fern visas which will be made available at some point this year and hope you get one.

Hi, in some other thread people have very bad experience with Silver fern visas, any way i have no other option so will submit my EOI and will check my luck, other than this i am sure i will not get a job offer without proper WP, also no other option to increase the points.

Hi. It is very hard to get a Silver Fern Visa, but there is nothing wrong with them if you are lucky. Good luck with the EOI - but I believe you only have 125 points and no one has been selected with less than 135 for a very long time, so this may not be the best way to invest $510 NZ. I hope that things change and you are successful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast