Thread: Apprentice Electrician

Default Apprentice Electrician

Hi Guys,

I am an Australian citizen looking to move to NZ. I have lived in NZ for two years a few years ago and looking to move back. I am looking to start an Electrical apprenticeship, my only issue is that i don't know if Australians can do apprenticeships in NZ as it does involve schooling. My other question is that I am trying to find a job before moving over, what would be the best way to go about this. I a currently in Canada and my Wife and i are looking to head over but want to have something in place before the move.

If anyone can help out i would really appreciate it.

Hi, I am unable to help - but maybe you could help me?

I am from the UK and work as an electrician - I am interested in moving to New Zealand, but what is the work situation like for electricians in Canada and Australia at the moment, is there good money to be made?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I somehow missed seeing this post at the time.

I think you will need to contact the EWRB http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/ to see whether you would be eligible to do an apprenticeship.

I hope someone may be along to help you with the other points you asked about.

Quote Originally Posted by sgott_wood View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am an Australian citizen looking to move to NZ. I have lived in NZ for two years a few years ago and looking to move back. I am looking to start an Electrical apprenticeship, my only issue is that i don't know if Australians can do apprenticeships in NZ as it does involve schooling. My other question is that I am trying to find a job before moving over, what would be the best way to go about this. I a currently in Canada and my Wife and i are looking to head over but want to have something in place before the move.

If anyone can help out i would really appreciate it.