Thread: Residency Approved with no expiry date

Default Residency Approved with no expiry date

hi there,

My Residency online says it approved but there is no expiry date.
    We have already paid for Migrant Levy and our passports are with immigration. But waiting to hear from them is just not fun,

I know online it says approved but we just don't want to be too excited and start celebrating until we got our passports back,
    Does anyone know how long normally does it take them stamp it on our passport ? It would be really helpful, even if someone can tell me roughly how long will be the wait, so I won't go to immigration's website more than 10 times in a day to check if anything changed.

And also When they stamp our passport, will anything will get change Online (something like expiry date will be visible or something)

Thanks a lot in advance,

This waiting period is killing me, so I have to hear from someone roughly how long will be my wait

Thanks

Hi. It seems to depend on the office in question - some are taking 3 weeks to get passports back at present. There is nothing to worry about - you are approved!! Your residency doesn't expire, but there will be travel conditions for 2 years. you just need to make sure you aren't outside NZ when the travel conditions expire. At this 2 year anniversary you can apply for Permanent Residence as long as you meet the criteria. As well as the time spent in NZ (or similar) criteria, there has been a recent emphasis on the fact that you still have to be of good character - so it is important to avoid anything that could create a problem - such as a drink driving offence (I am not suggesting for one minute that this is something you would even consider!).

We are in the same position, just waiting for our passports to come back, as I need to return to the UK ASAP to visit my sick mother. The wait is driving me crazy.