Thread: Interview Ahead - Need some statistics

Post Interview Ahead - Need some statistics

Hi

My interview is getting closer so in preparation of that i need some statistics related to job. Like percentage of University jobs available in NZ or in particular region, University jobs related to Computer Science in in NZ particular University/Region.

Tried this site http://www.stats.govt.nz/ but no information available is there any other source for such information.

Thanks

Are you looking for an academic position as a lecturer (or higher)? These are often recruited for overseas, at job market conferences or international advertising. In some fields at least. So people are offered a job and get the visa afterwards. People don't tend to move to NZ in the hope of getting a lectureship, there is often a long lead-in time as well before people start their employment. I would have a look and see what specific jobs are available and start applying.
    No idea where you would get that information from though.
    Good luck.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Yes in fact i have done PhD in Telecommunication and having 10 years of experience in academic.

Expecting to have interview in mid of March so in context of that looking for statistics related to academic jobs in NZ.

Already found some information from Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment but they are over all statistics about NZ University jobs so trying to have some information at regional level or university level.

Thanks

Jhanger, if you make two more posts, you will be able to receive or send PM. Then, I will share some data with you. Good luck with your application!

Thanks AD_Dani for the information.

No problem at all, we have many commonalities 1) career-wise same, 2) city-wise same (I am from lahore too) 3) Country-wise same (currently living in KSA)

@AD_Dani Now you should be able to make a PM, please provide the details, waiting for PM.

Thanks

sorry, the PM option hasn't appeared yet in your profile

Yes this is what i am also looking for ... though Forum rules says " the private messaging system is available for members who have made five or more posts."

May be it take some time that PM option appears.

Lets keep an eye on PM option so we can catch up each other.

Thanks

It can take about 20 minutes for the automatic system to 'notice' you have five posts and enable PMing.