Thread: What type of relocation packages are given for construction management jobs

Default What type of relocation packages are given for construction management jobs

We are interviewing with several LARGE construction companies for Site Manager positions and I am trying to get feedback on the types of relocation packages that people have received from such companies. I have read through the post on the subject posted here, nearly all were very long ago posts, so some fresh info would be great.

We will be coming from the USA and at this point anything would be a bonus. I have read of people getting airfare, temp housing for a number of weeks, assistance with moving stuff and even visa fees. I am looking to see what to hope for and to prepare for offers to ask for some mild assistance.

Any input or sharing of experiences would be appreciated, I know there are so many here who have been through this already.

Relocation expenses can be around 5%-10% of annual salary (not particularly in Construction sector). For us this was given as flat amount which included flight & moving our stuff - in addition we received 10 days temporary accommodation in CBD. One of the clause in my offer letter was to serve at least for 12 months - sometimes you can negotiation on minimum term to 24 months for higher relocation expenses.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it. What sector are you in?

I have been into Business Analysis with specialization in Telecommunications sector

I am in IT, and was paid a generous relocation allowance which covered flights, relocation of household goods, 14-day temporary accommodation and allowance for purchasing whiteware.

I really wish more people would reply to this. I really am needing to know what types of packages there are. I am stressing about the costs and I fear we will need some help, and now I want to know how likely we will get some.

Maybe there aren't that many people who can offer their won experience in that sector?

One reason for few responses could be that relocation packages are not common, and what can be negotiated depends on a range of factors; e.g type of role, your experience, industry, & size of employer.