Thread: Bringing Zero turn mower?

Default Bringing Zero turn mower?

Hi everyone,

Would it be worth the hassle trying to clean it to bring 60 inch ride on zero turn lawn mower with us ? its a beast at cutting grass and I am not sure what they cost in NZ. Any info would help.
    Last edited by soloman18; 10th March 2014 at 05:22 AM.

I would say worth bringing. Big zero turn mowers pretty expensive here and a lot of houses have large, or very large lawns; it is not uncommon for people to mow several acres. Check out trademe.co.nz for typical prices. A good blow out with an airline followed by jet washing should do the trick as far as cleaning goes.

Quote Originally Posted by soloman18 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Would it be worth the hassle trying to clean it to bring 60 inch ride on zero turn lawn mower with us ? its a beast at cutting grass and I am not sure what they cost in NZ. Any info would help.
    Not if you're coming to Wellington.

Thanks for info, at the moment we have a 6 acre lawn to cut Back in the UK managed with a push lawnmower but here in US everything seems to be on the big side !

I would say it's well worth bringing. The markup on these units are very high at dealers and like most good things, local dealers (that import) try to protect their market.

My Craftsman self propelled front wheel drive lawn mower is still a charm. I've not seen an equivalent mower sold in NZ. I recall some 10+ years ago see a rear wheeled drive one. But it seems in NZ hardware stores they market mowers on ie, how strong the metal is / cast iron, aluminium, etc. and offer little features.

Hi guys, since you're talking about lawn mower. Can you please help me out which is the best one to buy? Planning of getting one with a good quality. Thanks a lot!

JeraldMorrison: are you planning to import a mower when you move to NZ or are you planning to buy one locally in NZ? Beware mowers sold in NZ lack features like self propelled. Mowers that are perceived as low quality due to being hard to start, is more to do with a lack of maintenance. An alloy cast framed mower means nothing if the mower can't start due to letting old fuel dry up or gel inside the carburettor.