Thread: How about the Java developer job market at this moment?

Smile How about the Java developer job market at this moment?

Hi guys,

I hold a SMC job search visa and arrived in Auckland two weeks ago. One of recruiters I have contacted told me the vacancies of java developers(permanent roles) are slowing down at this moment. So I am a little bit worried that my job seeking will be that kind tough.

I have over 8 years' java development experience and knowledgeable to various frameworks. However, the factors of being a Asian, no local experience as well as no Resident visa could be hindrances.

I am sure there are persons here who have similar situations. Can you guys share some thoughtful opinions? Then that will be very appreciated! But any inputs are welcome!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by freeman_bo_ye View Post
    Hi guys,

I hold a SMC job search visa and arrived in Auckland two weeks ago. One of recruiters I have contacted told me the vacancies of java developers(permanent roles) are slowing down at this moment. So I am a little bit worried that my job seeking will be that kind tough.

I have over 8 years' java development experience and knowledgeable to various frameworks. However, the factors of being a Asian, no local experience as well as no Resident visa could be hindrances.

I am sure there are persons here who have similar situations. Can you guys share some thoughtful opinions? Then that will be very appreciated! But any inputs are welcome!

Thanks.
    I think you are in a much better position compared to overseas job searchers. You hold a valid visa, have good number of years of experience and are already in NZ. Two weeks is not a long time, and suggest you to directly apply to companies where vacancies are advertised. All the Best!

Thank you. Otaku. Nice inputs!