Thread: Gathering Work Experience Evidence For ITA

Default Gathering Work Experience Evidence For ITA

Hi everyone,

Sorry for bothering you but I'm gathering evidence of my work experience and I just wanted some advice if possible.

I've worked for the same firm since I left university over ten years ago. Unfortunately as it is a smaller firm, we weren't given payslips and end of year tax records very often as it's not that formal here and we're all on salaries rather than weekly amounts so we knew what we were earning each month.

I have managed to gather my contract, an early performance assessment and references from the three senior staff in the firm. My boss is unable to get payslips for before 2008 as he's updated the computer and didn't keep the five years prior to this. He has given me payslips and tax records since then though.

My question is will the above information be enough for me to claim the full ten year work experience points or will the lack of payslips and tax records count against me? Any ideas for any further information I should be supplying?

Many thanks for time and effort with this query!

Kind regards,

Rhys

Your evidence is likely to be all right. What they need is something on paper proving that you did the job between x and y dates, that it was full-time, and that it was skilled in line with what you're putting forward on your application. From what you're saying, you can prove your start date by your contract and your references, and the later time is covered anyway. Your tax and NI record (with the government) will also show that you worked for the company throughout, even if your boss's own records are patchy.

Thank you for your reply! It was very reassuring to me and has greatly helped me feel more at ease with my evidence.

Thanks again!

Hi!

I'm jumping two steps ahead as my EOI hasn't been selected yet but I have concern regarding my current employment and I would like to resolve this doubt so please help me with your advice.

I work in a company where almost entire management is one step to retirement and they generally do not speak english. There is nobody in management that can give a work reference (be a contact person), including my supervisor, that can speak english, so when I had to state a contact person in EOI I didn't know who to put. I put the name of my supervisor but without contact details. I am not sure what to do here. Regarding the documents which can prove my employment there I have gathered this documents: contracts, job description from catalogue (it is not signed) and I have payslips and tax records. I do not have employers reference. Will that be a problem?

Besides this employent I have worked for one more employer who has given me everything that I need and HR manager is willing to be a contact person so no problem there.

Has anyone been in similar situation? What can I do?

If you need to count your time in this job as part of your work experience, you are going to need to give a contact who will reply - as part of the verification, INZ have to get somebody to state that the evidence you have given is genuine (otherwise any papers submitted might just be fakes). About each employment, they need to know you worked there from this date to that date, that it is full-time work, that it is a skilled job in line with the skill you are putting forward in your ITA, and that you needed to be qualified. When it comes time for checking, if your contact doesn't understand English, you may need to suggest that they use a translator.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you need to count your time in this job as part of your work experience, you are going to need to give a contact who will reply - as part of the verification, INZ have to get somebody to state that the evidence you have given is genuine (otherwise any papers submitted might just be fakes). About each employment, they need to know you worked there from this date to that date, that it is full-time work, that it is a skilled job in line with the skill you are putting forward in your ITA, and that you needed to be qualified. When it comes time for checking, if your contact doesn't understand English, you may need to suggest that they use a translator.
    Thanks JandM for your fast reply. I have considered the translator so I'll do just that!