Thread: house repairs after earth quake

Default house repairs after earth quake

doing my own work on my house after 10.000+ quakes. need place to go for help and best buys for ie windows, tiles etc

A good place to start is by searching on Google

Quote Originally Posted by Fern49 View Post
    A good place to start is by searching on Google
    I've seen you offer this advice over and over to so many people. I think people come to this forum because they would like help from people who have experience in whatever area their question is in. Sometimes it's another immigrants experience with how job interviews go, sometimes it's clues on where to go to buy things, and sometimes it's help with the immigration process itself. As you've already outed yourself as someone with no experience relating to the immigration process, I do wonder what the point of this is?

biggan: just asking, are you repairing a house that has no insurance or EQC claim? The reason for asking is when the time comes to selling the house, the buyer will want to know on the extent of the damage.

Here in Christchurch i've witnessed a lot of houses where home owners have OPT out of the EQC insurance via a cash settlement (if under est. $10K damage). They pocket the cash and do minimal repairs in an untradesmen-like fashion.