Thread: National Security Check

Default National Security Check

Dear All

My and my partner national security check forms were submitted along with lodgement of application.

My case officer send me an email after introducing she informed me " I am also waiting for the result of your National Security Check to be sent to me "

what does it mean? Does it mean that some one(INZ other officals) already got my NSC result and that person need to send that result to CO?

or INZ hasn't received any information regarding NSC?

and how long will it take to get this information i submitted form in 18 December 2013

Please reply me

Thanks

The NSC process can take a very long time - even 14 - 15 months at worst! It is done by an entirely separate agency from INZ and the CO only hears anything when the result is sent back. Sadly, there is nothing you can do but wait!

There isn't information openly available about NSC, so what follows is quite a lot guesswork.

We think that applications from people who are nationals of, or have lived in, countries where there has been unrest and/or insitutionalized repression, get referred for these checks. NZ have a policy of not granting visas to individuals who have been personally responsible for any such issues. Therefore, they ask for a detailed employment history, and assurance that they haven't been in the military or other employment with the repressive forces. They have to wait for responses from the foreign regime, who do not give any priority to replying quickly, hence the long delays.

As when someone's medical is referred to an MA, the CO cannot grant a visa until after a favourable answer comes back.

However, the application still has to go through all the same checks as everyone else's - qualifications, work experience, partnership (if relevant). And there's no way to tell if a particular CO will have done all that part of the work while waiting for the NSC result, or whether some parts will still remain to be finalized.