Thread: Start business for holders of Post-study work visa

Default Start business for holders of Post-study work visa

Hi folks,

could you please help me with the following. On the INZ web site is stated that
    Code:
    The following people can own/run a business or be self-employed in NZ:

Anyone who has a right to live in NZ permanently
    Holders of Partnership Work Visa (until their visa expires) 
    Holders of Working Holiday Visas (unless restricted by the terms of a particular scheme)
    Holders of Post-study work visa (open)
    I'm going to graduate from one of the universities of NZ this year and they grant me Post-study work visa.
    Am I able as holder of this visa to start my business? Or I have to apply for Entepreneur Work Visa?

Thanks and regards, Edward
    Last edited by edwardson; 16th March 2014 at 03:11 PM.

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1106 There's the page you've quoted. Yes, you would be eligible to start a business. But notice, that would only be legal for the life of the visa. You would need to move on to a different visa in the longer term. And they are in the process of changing the Business visa, with the full details of what the requirements will be not available until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1106 There's the page you've quoted. Yes, you would be eligible to start a business. But notice, that would only be legal for the life of the visa. You would need to move on to a different visa in the longer term. And they are in the process of changing the Business visa, with the full details of what the requirements will be not available until next week.
    Hi Jand! Many thanks for your advice, will be waiting for next week. I can be mistaken but it seems to me INZ is going to complicate the requirements for Entepreneur category.