Thread: Shipping a container from SA to NZ - best value company?

Default Shipping a container from SA to NZ - best value company?

Hi.

I am looking to ship household contents from Johannesburg to Wellington.
    Can anybody recommend a helpful, good-value-for-money shipping company to hire to do this?

I have searched forums, but have had no answers from companies I've contacted so far...

Please state year of shipment, volume and cost...

Thanks!

Or any info whatsoever, please!

I need to find a company fairly urgently... Thanks!

Sorry you're not hearing from anybody. The only old thread I can track on the subject is this one. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26046 It's a long while ago, but there may be something useful.

Thanks JandM!
    I will check it out...

The first and only quote I have so far is over R60k for a 20ft container door-to-door!

Cheers!
    Mark

Pickfords gave me a quote of over R50k, but R35k for a shared container. You can get as low as around R30k but then you pack tehe container, and work through export agents. Look maybe in yellow apges under export agents?

Thanks! I have been in contact with Magna Thompson and a smaller company recommended to me by a friend called Cargopak.
    Both companies seem very helpful and I have rough estimates so far. I'll only have quotes once they see what I need to ship volume-wise...

I will post my findings once I know, for reference purposes. If anybody has any further suggestions, please post!

We used Cargopak, and so have several of our friends. No problems at all. All shipments were Durban or Pmburg to Christchurch. Don Kerr (owner) supervises everything personally - took his guys two days to pack two householders into a 40' container. Nothing was damaged. Also try not to share a container if at all possible - never seems to work out and can cause delays with customs clearing etc from what I've heard.
    Last edited by Francoise; 21st March 2014 at 10:34 PM.