Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp Partnership-Based Work Visa Application Submitted!

Default Temp Partnership-Based Work Visa Application Submitted!

Hey guys! Just sent in my application in the VAC in Singapore last Fri and thought I should share my experience, considering how much great advice I've gotten from here.

Compiled all the info into individual L-shaped files, separated by color-coded file dividers, and stuffed it into this fella here. Emailed the VAC earlier to ask if it's okay to use files and folders, and they replied saying that it's up to me to decide the organisation of the submission, so as long as the required documents are all there, they are cool with it.

I. Forms
    Cover Letter
    INZ Singapore Partner of NZ Citizen or Resident Temporary Visa Application Checklist
    Temporary Partnership-Based Work Visa Application Form (INZ 1198)
    Form for Partners Supporting Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications (INZ 1146) (with her passport bio-data page + PR visa certified copy)
    General Medical Certificate (INZ1007)
    Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ1096)

II. Statement & Timeline of Relationship
    Statement of History of Relationship (basically a very very long essay of our 10 years' relationship, plus explanation of we've been apart.)
    Timeline of Relationship (www.sumry.in is a good website for this, although it's supposed to be for resumes)

III. Evidence - Official Documents
    Housing Development Board, Singapore, Flat Application Letters & Rejection Emails
    Joint Bank Account Documents
    Evidence of Staying Together in 2011 (We rented a room for 2 months when she was back for an attachment in Singapore, but didn't have lease agreement. Had photos and email plus text correspondence with landlady though)

IV. Evidence - Travel Details (With Photos)
    Basically photos, itineraries, booking confirmations, emails discussing trips.

V. Evidence - Facebook Friendship (With Photos)
    Screenshots of our Friendship Page on Facebook

VI. Evidence - Common Social Life (With Photos)
    Testimonials from Close Friends
    Photos of Us and Friends
    Correspondence of Us and Friends

VII. Evidence - Communication
    Correspondence over House-hunting & buying of house in Christchurch
    Selected Mailed Cards and Postcards from her
    Example of Gifts to Each Other
    Screenshots of Jajah Call Logs
    Screenshots of Skype Call Logs
    Selected Email & Chat Logs
    Screenshots of Gmail Correspondence (2005 to-date) (yeah this took up the bulk of my submission, basically just screenshots of my inbox of all the emails we've had over the years)

Had a wee scare over my changed passport number (did not realise that renewing your biometric passport gives you a new passport number). All my forms, medical had my old passport number, that was invalidated after I renewed it. Emailed VAC about this, and INZ's reply was that it is fine so as long as I submit my old passport alongside my new passport.

I hope the application will be okay, considering the fact that we haven't stayed together for an extended period of time. that said, we did stay at least a couple of weeks to a month together for the past 10 years we've been together, as well as staying out for 2 months in a rented unit, and annual holidays on top of that. We'll see if that's enough to convince INZ!

Also, the estimated processing time taken for Temp Visas in Singapore is 10 working days, so that's pretty quick there!

Good luck.

Sounds like you did a thorough job. One tiny thing - did you also include a separate Singapore VAC Credit card form? I had some real hassles with this in Singapore - not because I didn't include it, but because my clients wanted to collect their passport and documents in person, so we didn't include the amount for return courier. It took a few days of playing email ping-pong before they realised I was right -(Phew!). The VAC in Singapore was fairly new then so hopefully that have got this all sorted now. (Incidentally, why didn't you have the cheaper and less invasive Limited Medical? I ask only because several people have told me recently that Panel doctors swear blind you can't do this, but as the long-term partner of a NZ Citizen or resident, you can!) Cheers and good luck!

Thanks folks!

Karen: I did prepare a VAC Credit Card form, but the staff at the VAC told me that they could swipe my card there and then (together with the amount for return courier), so I tore the form up. Think they've figured it out! And on the Medical, you got me thinking for awhile! But I think it was because I saw the following very early on..

The Limited Medical Certificate must only be provided by partners of New Zealand citizens and residents, who meet the requirements to be granted residence under the Partnership Category, which includes living together in a stable and genuine partnership for at least 12 months.

..and we haven't been living together for 12 months yet (and so probably can't qualify for residency yet), so I thought I should submit the General Medical Cert just in case!

Thanks for this. Glad Singapore VAC has got its act together! I had seen the bit about 10 years together and thought that you were okay partnership-wise - but you are wise to be cautious. I do hope it goes well for you!

Awesome that you didn't do the limited medical. My immigration advisor actually had me do this (despite my partner and I not living together for 12 months) and immigration rejected the application. I then had to shell out the money for the general medical and re-submit the application. I turned it all in 07 Mar 2014 and it was approved a week later on 14 Mar 2014.

With all of the evidence you've provided I'm pretty sure you'll have a speedy approval as well.

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks Karen & neechers! I try to err on the side on caution most of the time

Anyway neechers, they took only a week?! I hope mine's as straightforward as yours, not very good at this waiting for updates thing :P Congrats on your approval anyway!

back to waiting for text from VAC, and refreshing the website..
    Last edited by yssteve; 19th March 2014 at 02:17 PM.

I was shocked that it came throught that quickly as well!

So I submitted:

Partner-Based Temp Visa Application (INZ1198)
    Partners Supporting Partner-Based Temp Entry Application (INZ1146)
    General Medical (INZ1007)
    Laboratory Referral Form (INZ1201)
    Chest X-ray Cert (INZ1096)
    Police Certificate
    Certified copy of Partner's passport

Relationship Evidence:
    Copy of our Tenancy Agreement
    Copies of bills with both of our names on them for each month we've lived together
    Copies of our joint bank account statements
    Our letter of support detailing our history and future plans
    Letters of support from family and friends
    Airline itinerary of trips we've taken overseas together
    Our Facebook "us" page (which was 72 pages of photos, comments we'd left on each other's profiles, events we were tagged in etc)
    A seperate document with about 10 photos and a sentence explaining what we were doing/where we were in each photo

I was told I might've been a bit too thorough but I didn't want immigration to have anything to question.

Looks like our submissions are pretty similar! just that we don't really have bills/letters at the same address and all.

Same here, I thought it's better to be thorough the first time round then giving them room to wonder if we're serious and all! can't be too careful I guess.

so I've received an email from my CO this afternoon..but it's not all good news, i thought if anything trips up it'll be the living together part..anyway just wanted to ask of your opinions on this.

1) i'm wondering if i should ask her why the 2 months cannot be considered..
    2) "comments and evidence to show that you meet the living together and stability requirements of the instructions." - not too sure what i can tell her that i havent!
    3) you guys think i should tell her to proceed with my application?
    4) spoke to my gf and we thought if all else fails, i could go over on a general visitor visa and not work for a couple of months to clock the time spent together, but will 2 months be enough? don't want to be jobless for too long haha.

thanks again guys.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Thank you for your application for a work visa. We received your application on 14 March 2014.

Our assessment of your application
    We have completed a first assessment of your application and note that at this stage it does not appear that you meet the partnership instructions to be granted this type of visa. However, it may be that you would qualify instead for a general visitor visa.

However, before a decision is made we would like to explain the issues that we have identified that might have a negative impact on your application and the various options open to you.

We have summarised the relevant immigration instructions below. To qualify under the work partnership instructions, applicants need to demonstrate that they are “living together in a partnership that is genuine and stable” with their New Zealand partner.

From the evidence that you have provided, we are satisfied that your relationship is genuine and that you have been together with your partner for an extended period. However, we do not consider you meet the “living together” part of the instructions. It appears that in total you have spent 2 months together in January to February 2011 when she had a 2 month clinical attachment in Singapore and spent holidays together when you were able to be together. Your usual place of residence is Singapore and your partner’s usual place of residence is New Zealand, (while she is studying/working in New Zealand). While you have spent some time together and have stayed together on occasions, it does not appear that you live together in normal circumstances.

In addition, because you have not spent much time together, we consider it is too soon to tell if your relationship is stable.

We realise that there are practical reasons why you and your partner have been apart and that you would not make a decision to travel to be with your partner unless you felt the relationship had a future. However, the particular instruction you have applied under does require the ‘living together’ requirement to be met.

Now you are aware of this, the following options available to you:

If you disagree with our analysis and want to continue with the current application please provide your comments and evidence to show that you meet the living together and stability requirements of the instructions.

We recommend that you consider changing your application to a general visitor visa application. Under general visitor visa instructions you would be able to spend up to nine months during the next 18 months in New Zealand with your partner. Please note that you would not be entitled to work unless you obtained a work visa but would be able to travel to New Zealand and continue the relationship. If you want to take up this option please confirm this in writing by 1 April 2014. You will need to provide a good conduct certificate for Singapore and evidence of funds or a completed sponsorship form (INZ 1025).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast