Thread: Electricians wanted

Default Electricians wanted

This posting takes over from Kim39's posting......
    We employed a friend of Kim's (Neil) earlier this year who was looking for a job offer so he and his family could emigrate. Neil has been with us since May and is now a valued and respected member of our team.

We are a medium sized Electrical Engineering and Contracting company located in Hamilton (Waikato) approx 130km's south of Auckland.
    We predominantly carry out medium to large scale commercial and some light industrial construction work and currently have 23 staff. We also carry out voice / data cabling, install heat pump air-conditioning units, manufacture switchboards and are agents for an Australian made, intelligent lighting control system (Dynalite).

The stories I have read on this site are generally all true - there is a huge shortage of skilled tradesmen in NZ and, like a number of other companies, we are now looking to the UK to employ. We have had two British immigrants start with us this year - both are great guys and valued assetts to our company.
    But we need more!!

There has been a little bit of a "softening" in the NZ construction market over the last 3 months but I believe this is more of change from "absolutely ballistic" to "manageable" for most companies.
    However this softening is not being seen in the Waikato - we are fully booked through to March next year and have solid orders for the next 15-18 months. A substantial amount of the development work that has been happening in our region has been private development and the government is just starting to release funding for their developments (new prison, Polytech, University and Hospital redevelopments are all just starting to happen now)

I'm looking to employ at least 5 more electricians for our operation in Hamilton and a similar number for our sister company in Auckland. The Auckland company has offices in Penrose and on the North Shore and is a substantially larger operation with approx. 55 staff.

Applicants need to have at least 6-8 years post apprenticeship experience in the commercial construction field, be team players with a "can do" attitude, experienced with working with and training apprentices and have a sound understanding of occupational safety and health issues in the workplace.

The minimum electrical qualifications we are looking for are;
    JIB Approved Electrician
    Elect. Installation Cert C+G 2360 parts 1 & 2
    IEE Wiring Regs 16th edition C+G 2380
    Inspection & Testing cert C+G 2391

Any experience in the voice / data wiring or HVAC electrical / controls would be a distinct advantage.

I need to make it clear that we are not looking for industrial maintenance / plant electricians (sorry about that for some chaps!).

If there is sufficient interest I will travel to the UK to interview candidates, alternatively we can do it by phone or video conference.

Please forward all CV's via email to keith@wcw.co.nz

A little bit more about our company can be found on our website www.wardchandler.co.nz - we are still constructing the Waikato component of the site and this should be up and running by November. In the interim we are putting together a power point presentation which shows a bit about the Waikato region and our company - this can be emailed to any interested candidates.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Keith O'Sullivan
    Managing Director
    Ward Chandler Waikato Ltd.

Consider a CV on its way next 48hrs.

Good luck wishes and welcome to the forum.

Julie

x

Keith

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post this thread.

Deborah