Thread: Outdoor activity instructor/dental hygienist

Talking Outdoor activity instructor/dental hygienist

Hi, this is my first posting so apologies if its in the wrong area! My partner and i are very keen to emigrate to New Zealand in the near future. I am coming to the end of a outdoor activity instructor course and she is a dental hygienist. We plan to visit NZ for at least 4 weeks sometime during 2006 as neither of us have been there before! Anyway the kind of information/advice we are looking for is what area of NZ would be best suited to enable us both to get employment? Does anyone know of any good web sites which lists vacancies/employment in our particular fields? We are quite flexible on where we can visit/travel to during our vacation as we plan to use our time in NZ to look at places where we may like to settle as well as doing the touristy bit! Thanks in advance .......!

Sorry can't help. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I'm sure there is someone out there who can be a lot more helpful!!

Dunno about specific sites,and this may be obvious advice (but took me a month to figure out ) but use a googlenz as your search engine so you can select nz sites only, then use the nz yellow pages and business directories to find possible employers- most should have a contact email link. Also checkout www.newzealand.com and www.stuff.co.nz they have loadsa links to activities/days out.

Oh yeah and welcome to the forum, there are others but this one is more helpful and freindly by far

Default Dental vacancies

Hi Rick

This is Nicola's hubby Peter, I am a dentist working in Hastings - we came over in september 2005.

Have a look at the New Zealand Dental Association Website - www.nzda.org.nz/
    under classified adverts - this is how I got my post before arriving.

Also the dental council www.dentalcouncil.org.nz/ is usefull for registration etc

cheers

peter

Thanks for those who have replied - most helpful!! Keep them coming!! I'm off to Spain for 4 weeks today to complete my dinghy instructor training!! Its a hard life but someone has to do it plus it has to be warmer than North Wales!!

Thanks Rick