Thread: Planning a fact finding trip

Default Planning a fact finding trip

I'm planning my fact finding trip and I have a few Questions :
    1. Job offer . For the SMC EOI does the job offer have to be from a accredited employer ?
    2. Is there any Qualifications test I can take while there I.E. Welding Tickets . Diesel Mechanics Assessment ?
    3. Where can I find a rules of the road book online so I know the driving rules before I get there ?
    Does anybody have any other tips or advise that can help it would be much appreciated !

Hi there,

1. No. The accredited employer requirement is for obtaining Work to residence visa. For SMC application, your job offer needs to be 'skilled'. That means it needs to be on List of skilled occupations level A-C, at least 30 hours per week and ongoing. See INZ website for details.

3. There's a brief .pdf on driving differences at the NZTA website and also a more comprehensive road code guide.
    Last edited by Elaine_NZ; 21st March 2014 at 10:25 AM.

Hi. Hope these answers help for a start!

1. No it only has to be an accredited employer if you want a Work to Residence: Talent (Accredited Employer) visa.
    2. I would check first with ANZSCO and things like the Canterbury Skills Shortage List to see whether experience is an acceptable alternative. Then I would go to Google.
    3. Here's a link to the rules of the road. They got rid of the really unusual one. We did struggle with the rule that you can only park at the side of the road on the side facing the same way as the traffic flow http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/