Thread: 2nd Person check takes ages in wellington branch.

Angry 2nd Person check takes ages in wellington branch.

Hi all,
    I got an email from my case office 7 weeks ago and she said every thing seems OK and she has finished her assessment and forwarded to a second person check.

here is the info
    INZ officer said "I have completed my assessment of your application, which has now been forwarded for a second person check by one of our senior officers. The second person check process can take up to 4 or 5 weeks, relative to demand. When I receive your application back from the second person check I will contact you with an update"

5,6,7 weeks gone so far
    no reply....
    I know the time frame is just for an idea and it may take more.

Just waiting, waiting, waiting

Is there any one in the same situation and any info

Cheers

Its really frustrating to wait and then to wait for more than expected duration .
    Is Second Person check is involved in all cases or only in certain cases? Please share your ideas.

All applications are subjected to a second person check - this is to ensure that the rules have been applied fairly and consistently and noting has been overlooked. If you were told it would take 4 or 5 weeks and it has now been 7 weeks, I would send a very gentle email asking if there is any news yet. I don't advocate constantly pestering COs, or everyone will wait longer, but a very brief email requiring maybe a one word or one sentence answer should be fine. Good luck!

Every case has to be second-person checked before the applicant can be given their visa. This is to check for errors, and as a guard against the possibility of corruption. The time taken, depending on how busy a particular office is, and based on what people on the forum have experienced, varies from hours, to months. It's not possible to predict. The CO in Nagnz's case obviously said what was currently happening to cases at that time, but since then things have changed. It's not her fault, or anybody's fault, if a burst of work has come through that she didn't know about.

Any good new for you application now?

We got the same situation, our case is also in wellington branch and we got reply from our case officer 5 weeks ago said that our case has passed to second person. But until now, no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYiris View Post
    Any good new for you application now?

We got the same situation, our case is also in Wellington branch and we got reply from our case officer 5 weeks ago said that our case has passed to second person. But until now, no reply.
    Hi ZYiris,
    No nothing from CO. I'm just waiting waiting and checking mails and loging INZ website to see my status. Ufffff still pending
    will post here once if get the outcome.

Oh my god.

It seems my application is still far far away.