Thread: : ) Help Needed. About to get a case officer

Unhappy : ) Help Needed. About to get a case officer

Hi guys,
    First of all thanks to everyone contributing to this forum. I have been visiting from very long and have advised many of my friends to use this forum, and they find it very useful as well.
    My situation : EOI got accepted with 170 points with a Job Offer
    Got ITA and Submitted ITA on 15th December 2013.
    Now i am a week or 2 weeks away from getting a case officer assigned BUT looks like the job offer i had is no longer valid . reason being ( the job offer was subjected to a review of my intern-ship in April , AND its likely that owner does not have a job vacancy any more).
    Q1. i guess when a case officer will be assigned to my case, he will verify with employer if job offer is still valid, Right?
    Q2. most likely job offer won't be valid at that time. does it mean my residency getting declined straight away? or will i get a chance to find another similar job within 3 or so months?
    Well being honest, i know i can find a similar job and satisfy section 49(1) condition if CO grants me resident visa with section 49(1).
    Please give me your advice and your thoughts about possible outcome of my Case looking at this scenario.
    Thanks Heaps

Hi. Once you know for sure that your job is not going to continue, you are obliged to tell INZ. If you don't they can argue that you have withheld information about an important change in circumstances and you could then end up with a "character issue". If it is still uncertain, you can wait to see what happens. Yes, the Case officer will check with your employer and also check the genuineness of the job and the sustainability of the company. If your job disappears before you have your visa, then I am afraid your application will be declined. I guess the best things on which to focus right now are; 1. establishing with your employer that there will definitely not be an opportunity to continue in your job for a few more months. 2. Find that other job, accept it subject to getting a visa and then immediately tell your Case Officer what has happened. Good luck!

Thanks a lot Karen for reply.
    Definitely i will let the case officer know about changed circumstances once i am sure that there is no job any more. Definitely not want any character issue with me.

One more question please. at this moment , i have 170 points, including job offer and future growth area. is it possible for case officer to reconsider my case when i fail to grab points for valid offer ? as without job offer my points falls to 90 but if i include my wife's points now (which i couldn't include at the time of EOI, AS it was only 7-8 months since we got married at that time. but now its been 12 months) , our total points become 120. the only thing i dont want is to start again with EOI and all.

Thanks again

Hi
    The problem is that without the job, even with your wife's points you won't have enough to meet the 140 threshold that applied at the time your EOI was selected. I very much regret that you are very unlikely to be able to proceed this way. Which Future Growth Area? I ask because if its ICT then you could still possibly get points through Absolute Skills Shortage, depending on your exact qualification. I would have a long chat with your employer and see if he can help you - and keep looking for that other job! Good luck!