Thread: Greetings from Serbia!

Default Greetings from Serbia!

Dear fellows future and existing Kiwis !

Let me just to say thanks to the admin that let me become member of this "secret" society

I have read a lot of topics and there is tons of info available to all of us new comers!
    I have procurement background 6+ years, that unfortunately is not on the list of skilled occupations(only manager is but I am more on officer level) so SMC is not an option for my family and myself.

Therefore I do plan to visit NZ on visitor visa of 6 months and to try seek accredited employer to sponsor me since if I understood correctly they to not need to ask approval for employing people overseas no matter what is the position. Having job sponsorship from such one should lead me to work to residence.

At least that is the idea as Plan A.
    Plan B would be to find job as 342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker since that is my high school education and it is on ISSL but I have not worked in this area for more than 10 years...
    Plan C (if everything else fails and still keen on making it in NZ) to sign in to Procurement and Supply university in Auckland and after graduate after a year to have work and live rights for a year and then surely I would be able to secure job(at least I hope).

I am ready and willing to do basically any job offered but the way I see I need to prove that I have skills and experience needed in order to have visa approved by INZ.
    Therefore it seems my options are limited to above stated.

Anyway feel free to openly share your thoughts/proposals about my plans and negative ones are also welcomed.

My only question for you what do you think what is best way to get visitor visa for 6 months?
    My intention is to ask it for 6 months with justification that I do have friend I am going to visit and that I want to spend some time feeling the life in NZ and upgrading my language skills(of course main reason is job search).
    Also I would apply for it now but entry date would be February 2015 and exit date would be August 2015, because of the fact that if I get it now I need some time to sell my apartment since my wife will not be able to pay instalments after I am gone(she will go back to her parents for the time being).

I am afraid that if I ask it for 3 months only that I will not be able to prolong it and I am quite convinced that 3 months is not going to be enough for me.
    Since I need to quit well paid job here that will be extremely hard to find again I have to be sure that at least I will have enough time to try in NZ.

What do you think about my chances to succeed if there is anyone from this field (procurement/electrician) onboard ?
    What do you think regarding tourist visa feasibility?

Best regards!

Hi admin,

would it be OK for you to relocate/copy my post to immigration category since no reply came so far, or can you allow me to do it?

Thanks and regards!

I've moved your post, and wish you some replies soon.