Thread: three questions(passport and work experience)

Default three questions(passport and work experience)

Hey all,

I'm planning to send my EOI for a resident visa one of these days, but have three things that I like to be sure of before I do so.

1. I have quite a few years work experience, but even without declaring my work experience in the EOI I am able to reach more than 140 points (including a job offer, my degree, age and degree of my partner). Do I still need to declare my years of work experience even though I don't seem to need the points to obtain the visa? I read that it would probably speed up my process if I didn't add points that aren't really necessary, but on the other hand, wouldn't it be strange to have a job offer in my skills category without declaring work experience?

2. My passport is bound to expire in a few months time, getting a new one right now will cost a lot of time. I rather use my current passport for the EOI and renew it after receiving the ITA. Would this cause problems? I know there is a restriction that the passport should be valid for at least another two years, so is this already the case when sending the EOI or only when getting the visa stamp.

3. After the ITA, do I need to send both my passport and a birth certificate as proof of identification or is only one of the sufficient?

I hope something can help me.
    thnx

1) First thing: if you put in an EOI including a job offer, you only need to have a minimum of 100 points. (It's 140 minimum that will be selected at the next draw without a job offer.)

In one way, INZ COs don't usually think about applications they process. They have a check-list to work through, and if the essential points are there, the case will pass through all right. So if you have enough points, it won't do any harm to try to do without your work experience - the CO can always ask if s/he wants more information. It's advisable, though, to think through what proof and contact you would need to provide about any particular past job, so it wouldn't cause a delay in case you are asked about it.

However, if you need to get your qualification assessed by NZQA, then for that purpose, you do have to provide details of your work experience.

2) There is no problem with using your existing passport for the application, then providing the number of your new one when you get it. During the time anyone's case is being processed, there is time for all kinds of life changes to happen - a house move, an extra qualification, a new child in the family - and you just need to update INZ.

3) You receive instructions with the ITA as to what evidence you are required to provide, and you have to do what you are told. Currently this does include both birth certificates and passports. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...listResSMC.pdf

Thank you very much. It's clear.