Thread: SMC resident visa application online status mystery....

Default SMC resident visa application online status mystery....

Hi All...just wondering when we check online under decision column..does it always shows "pending" right from the beginning or it changes with progress of the process...just want to figure out if Pending means anywhere closer to the destination or is it just another synonym for processing... INZ says i do not even have a CO yet and my file is in managed queue...meanwhile i have applied for renewal of my work visa under employer assisted post study category ....now i have 2 applications to worry about...please share your experiences...

Eoi---------------------------13th Aug 2013
    Resident Visa Lodged----------22nd Nov 2013
    Decision ----------------------Pending

Hi there, my application has shown pending throughout the waiting and CO assessment period (i.e. hadn't changed when the CO was allocated). It changed to 'Approved' when the final decision had been made. A week later I received email with Migrant fee payment instructions.

thanks heaps Elaine...its a stressful time as you can imagine...just don't know what to expect and what to do...but this forum is super cool...lot of support and heaps of positive guidance...thanks again

You're welcome. I know how irritating the wait is - it's hard not to be stressed when you don't know what or when the outcome will be. Good luck with your application(s).

I know every case is different but may i ask what was your timeline...cheers

20/03/2013 EOI Submitted (140 points, in employment on work visa)
    03/04/2013 EOI Selected
    19/04/2013 ITA Received
    29/04/2013 ITA Submitted (to CHC Branch)
    Long wait, no updates
    06/11/2013 CO assigned (at Henderson Branch) & requested further relationship evidence (proof we were STILL together since 6 months had passed since submission)
    02/12/2013 Status update e-mail notification & online status change to APPROVED
    07/12/2013 Passport and levy e-mail instructions
    09/12/2013 Passports and payment mailed
    17/12/2013 Status update e-mail notification & online immigration status updated to RESIDENT
    19/12/2013 Passports returned with visa stickers

Thanks heaps Elaine...appreciate that