Thread: Moving to New Zealand

Smile Moving to New Zealand

I am hoping there are some peploe that can help me answer some of my questions about moving there?

How easy is it to find a job?

What visa must i apply for?

If i come over first how long must my husband wait befor he can get a visa as im there already?

Any help in this matter would be really great thanks very one who will respond..

People will need some more information about you before they can help with your first two questions.

If you have a skilled line of work, you will be able to apply for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Scheme (SMC), requirements here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm, or else one of the temporary work visas, details here and on links onward http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rktemporarily/ (and then move on to Residence under SMC later). Many of those getting a job offer get a temporary work visa first, as this can be processed more quickly - they can apply under SMC at the same time or just afterwards, so they can be working in NZ while the formalities go ahead in their own time.

If you are eligible for either kind of visa, you can get one to allow your husband to go with you - your entitlement to this depends on proving your partnership. INZ defines partnership as a live-in relationship. For Residence, you have to be able to show proof of at least 12 months' partnership (see old threads https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof), and for a temporary work visa, in practice (though it's not mentioned in the rules), a minimum of two months.

Thank you very much, at the moment i have a german passport and my husband has a south african and i know he is going to be harder to get the mine is. I wanted to know can i apply for a working visa and then go look for work or must i get work first?
    thank you very much for you info

The requirements are different for the two different kinds of visa - see the links I gave you before.

If you are qualified for a skilled line of work, you can apply for Residence without having a job offer first. (But there is a points requirement, all set out at the link.)

You can't get a work visa unless you have a job offer. (And there are varying requirements, also set out, at the other link.)

You can travel to NZ on a visitor's visa, and, while you are there, try to find skilled work. But you aren't allowed to start without getting a work visa, and for that, the offer would have to be in line with one of the sets of requirements.

i see well im a qualified massage and spa therapist. So what you are saying is that i have to go over then look for work and then get my visa?

EITHER you can try to get a job offer, with or without going to NZ (though it's easier if you're there), then apply for a work visa.

OR ELSE, if your qualifications and work experience get you enough points to apply under SMC, and you will have to read all that section of the INZ website to find out, you could apply for Residence from where you are, without first having a job offer. Your qualifications would need to meet the description of 411611 Massage Therapist on the ANZSCO list. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....age+Therapists

thank you very much for all your help if i have anymore questions i be sure to ask