Thread: SMC Interview

Default SMC Interview

Hello people,

I want to know if the immigration can come to your workplace to interview you. And if they do then will they call before coming and what can they ask.

thanks guyz for your help.

I think it would be telephonic interview,like i had in the month of Feb 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkats117 View Post
    I think it would be telephonic interview,like i had in the month of Feb 2014.
    Thanks for reply. And can you also tell me what questions were asked.

If it's the standard CO interview about employability and preparedness, they will arrange it beforehand. The questions will be the kind you can find on old threads (use Search). But if you are already in a skilled job in NZ, you would not normally get one of these.

INZ officials do have the right to interview any applicant or referee, on any matter that seems useful to them. It has been known for them to carry out a visit to a business, in a case where there was doubt if the applicant was genuinely employed there, in the job he had claimed, or a doubt if the business existed.

Hey Admin, thanks for reply. And also my lawyer told me that CHCH branch is delivering results pretty faster now, do you have any idea about that?

I don't know anything directly - I'm just a member of the public, like you. But I remember seeing a recent post that someone's visa had come through from there, sooner than expected. So, fingers crossed.