Thread: Skill migrant

Default Skill migrant

Hi
    I have applied under smc last year in March 2013 my application was lodg on 27/03/2013 then I got case officer selected in May 2013 ,case officer said I finish intal assement of your application. He ask me to provide my one year ird summery which I did. He also send quatiionary to my boss which he sent him back as well. This all happen before 30 May .after that case officer did't respond anything so advicer contect him and he sent acknowledgement latter saying application will take 10 to 12 month to process.nothing yet. I m really worried and upset I don't know what's happening

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....690#post450690 Summary of what happens to each application. It can take a long time. There is a lot of waiting, always, for everyone.

About the CO - many of them don't reply to queries if they haven't anything specific to say. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

Hi - JandM is of course quite right. I am guessing that you are from a country where a National Security Check is required (otherwise an application that includes a job offer would normally have been processed by now). If so, it is not INZ that delay these, they are carried out by a separate agency and can take very long time, depending on the responses they get, or don't get from your country of citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi - JandM is of course quite right. I am guessing that you are from a country where a National Security Check is required (otherwise an application that includes a job offer would normally have been processed by now). If so, it is not INZ that delay these, they are carried out by a separate agency and can take very long time, depending on the responses they get, or don't get from your country of citizenship.
    I m from india and I m in nz since last 5 years do u think NSC apply in my case.

Yes and again it's wellington branch . Do u think I will get interview ?,,,

You won't get the ordinary CO's interview about knowledge of NZ and employability, because you're there and working. However, INZ officials have the power to interview any applicant or referee about any matter that it seems may be useful. For instance, they sometimes check up on the business, if they have some suspicion about it. Or in cases involving a partnership, they sometimes visit the home, to check that both parties really do live there.

It is unlikely that a NSC will be needed for you, but the rules are not made public, so it is surprising it is taking quite so long. There is something a little unusual about an SMC application that includes a job offer taking so long, but I don't know the circumstances. Maybe now is a good time for a very friendly, brief email to Case Officer - or you could try the free call centre number 04 910 9915 and have your Application Number available.