Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !!!!!!!!!Contraceptive Pills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is something that has been giving me anxiety as well, since I plan on coming to NZ on a WTV as well. It would be very much appreciated to share your experience verses judging people especially when it comes to medical matters. I personally do not have any intention of taking advantage of NZ taxpayers, just need the information of how things work. $80 does not seem a lot to me being from the US, do you know the price of a monthly pack?

I got my folks to post out my prescriptions, my UK GP is very understanding, knows i'm abroad and sorts my repeats. Mum picks them up and pops them in the post. Not all above board and probably not legal to send them in the post. But works... I do realise that one day the doc might not be able to do this, and then I will have to spend mega mega with an NZ GP..

Quote Originally Posted by PomFern View Post
    I got my folks to post out my prescriptions, my UK GP is very understanding, knows i'm abroad and sorts my repeats. Mum picks them up and pops them in the post. Not all above board and probably not legal to send them in the post. But works... I do realise that one day the doc might not be able to do this, and then I will have to spend mega mega with an NZ GP..
    is NZ really that expensive for visitors, I thought 80 mega mega buks was about 40 quid, or 40 mega mega quid, about half of what it cost me last week to call out a tradesman to blow some gas into my heat pump, which I thought was ok value for the service...

is the fee a lot of money or is it just the idea that paying for point of access to healthcare is unpalatable to people from the uk?

bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob_the_engineer View Post
    is NZ really that expensive for visitors, I thought 80 mega mega buks was about 40 quid, or 40 mega mega quid, about half of what it cost me last week to call out a tradesman to blow some gas into my heat pump, which I thought was ok value for the service...

is the fee a lot of money or is it just the idea that paying for point of access to healthcare is unpalatable to people from the uk?

bob
    £40 to see a GP, and then £100 for my three prescriptions- £140 for one doctors visit, is expensive.. especially when on a budget and trying to save.. but I suppose my taxes are lower here. Depends on how much treatment you need..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123