Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone here managed to convince INZ not to ask for IELTS?

Default anyone here managed to convince INZ not to ask for IELTS?

my first post here . i understand that to be successful i have to meet certain requirements of english competency. just wanna know if anyone here (those have got their visa approved )managed to convince INZ not to ask for IELTS ?

sorry for the brevity, typing on a virtual keyboard is such a hassle

oh ya, and what were the evidences that you submitted to INZ to prove that you can be exempted from IELTS? thanks a bunch

Here are the rules on this point. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm

Thanks JandM but I already read that.
    I just want to ask around if there were any successful applications without IELTS that's all. Anyone ?

I submitted a recently expired IELTS (taken previously for the needs of student visa) with my residence application last year and included NZ university enrollment confirmation and a print-out of my work history with NZ employers as an argument that my English had not deteriorated since I sat the test. Had no problems at all (my expired test score was 8.5 so I'm thinking that helped too - it's common sense that even if my English did deteriorate, it couldn't have possibly gone below the required level).

I got my residency via the partnership visa. I didn't do an IELTS as I did my tertiary education in the UK. I can't recall exactly what I did, but maybe I sent a degree certificate? Not sure.

its always better to do the IELTS, it will not make any harm , but give you solid evidence

Thanks guys. Much appreciated .Here's what i am going to do -I am going to provide evidences that I completed my tertiary edu in English and my employment de facto language is English , and English is widely used in my country . If CO still insist on IELTS, I shall enroll only then.

Yes. I sent my IELTS report which was about to expire in 2 days before I submit the residence application in 3 months.They accepted the IELTS report when they started studying my application.

I said yes at the beginning because what u r asking about happened to my wife (the secondary applicant). I was in need of her points ,so she must get a 6.5 in IELTS. She was pregnant in twins ,very tired and needs to travel to another city to apply for IELTS.Therefore, I emailed my CO and explained everything for her and reminded her that my spouse has a BA degree in English Literature and there is a document in the application from her university proves that she is a good English speaker. She asked me for 30 mins to check with her assistant. After 40 mins she sent me an email telling that she will accept the document and won't ask for IELTS.

Any question,,please inbox me....thanks
    Last edited by Louay; 5th April 2014 at 11:05 PM.

We were able to convince INZ for my wife's Residence visa without the need for IELTS results. In our case, she submitted letters from the Ph.D. program she was enrolled in the UK, a letter from her Ph.D. supervisor attesting to her English ability, and an original copy of her near-perfect TOEFL results. No questions were raised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast