Thread: Sponsorship by NZ citizen for an family member(Who is not blood relation)

Question Sponsorship by NZ citizen for an family member(Who is not blood relation)

Hi there,

I Just need an advice about my cousin who is willing to study LEVEL 7 in Information Technology here so the problem is with showing Living expenses in her account.

So the thing is My uncle he is NZ citizen who has agreed to Sponsor my cousin for Living expenses but one of the indian consultancy they doesn't know whether it is possible or not.

Can anyone had this situation from any country that the individual need to show their living expenses in their account regardless of Sponsorship. I don't know how it works and how can I start processing for her visa?..

Cheers,

Raj Saggu

Hello Raj. The sponsor can be a friend or relative. The sponsorship needs to be set up before the visa application is made. Your uncle needs to complete form INZ1025 - downloadable form www.immigration.govt.nz. He has to prove that he has sufficient funds in his bank account. I sponsored a student while in NZ and I went to my bank and got them to print off a statement and sign it to say it was genuine. The sponsor needs to show sufficient funds for however long the visa is to be. So, $15,000 a year plus the money for the return flight. This money can stay in your uncle's account.