Thread: where the hell do i start

Question where the hell do i start

A/S/L..30/m/Ak
    Hey...I'm wanting to get back into the workforce but don't know where to start...a few years ago I had accident with left me in a wheel chair(witch I no longer need thank god) and have been on the sickness benefit since then working towards improving my health .I still can't stand for more than a few hours without having to sit .but I feel I'm fit enough to at least work part-time..

Now here is my problem.....the only kind of work I have done in the past and am trained I can do no longer as it was very physically
    Intents. so I have to start again....but I just don't know where to start........I have never had to look for a job before.........I know I could work at maccas or something but I'd like to be working towards something and not hand to mouth like now.....so does anyone have any ideas..are there people I could talk to
    About want kind or courses I would need to do to get into certain jobs..and just give my a few tips getting noticed I tried asking wins but they had no idea....I'm keen to give most things a go

Quote Originally Posted by odeon³ View Post
    A/S/L..30/m/Ak
    Hey...I'm wanting to get back into the workforce but don't know where to start...a few years ago I had accident with left me in a wheel chair(witch I no longer need thank god) and have been on the sickness benefit since then working towards improving my health .I still can't stand for more than a few hours without having to sit .but I feel I'm fit enough to at least work part-time..

Now here is my problem.....the only kind of work I have done in the past and am trained I can do no longer as it was very physically
    Intents. so I have to start again....but I just don't know where to start........I have never had to look for a job before.........I know I could work at maccas or something but I'd like to be working towards something and not hand to mouth like now.....so does anyone have any ideas..are there people I could talk to
    About want kind or courses I would need to do to get into certain jobs..and just give my a few tips getting noticed I tried asking wins but they had no idea....I'm keen to give most things a go
    Wow. You sound like an amazing person. Maybe start here: http://www.asenz.org.nz/ Good luck to you and I wish you all the best going forward.

One organisation that could be good to talk to is Workbridge.

Their Jobseekers services include:
    Workbridge employment consultants work in partnership with you to:

• find out what you want to do
    • set work goals and plan how to reach them
    • find relevant work experience
    • prepare a current curriculum vitae (CV)
    • learn job search skills, including how to apply for jobs, and interview skills.

Work and Income (WINZ) might also be able to refer to you either Workbridge or other organisations who can help.