Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long a NSC can take to complete!!

Default How long a NSC can take to complete!!

Hi Friends

Can any one tell , how long a NSC can take to complete, and what would be the possible factors if it NSC is taking longer time?

thanks in advance

cheers

It's not possible to predict. It can be a VERY LONG TIME. This is because the NZ officials dealing with NSC send queries to the foreign government of the country where the person being investigated has worked or lived, or where they're a national, to verify that the applicant has not worked in a position where they might have responsibility for repression, terrorist activity, or civil rights abuse, and the foreign governments are often in no hurry to reply.

@JandM

How can we come to know that INZ officials already received NSC outcomes? and will there be any way if foreign government doesn't reply for a long time what INZ often deal with this situation?

@wellynz

how long your waiting for NSC?

Thanks

How can we come to know that INZ officials already received NSC outcomes?
    From what we see of people's experiences on here, very often the CO tells the applicant when the NSC check is passed. Also very often, since NSC takes so long, all the rest of the INZ procedure has been completed by that time, so the CO will just have been waiting for that - often, s/he will notify of NSC approval and arrange for the interview at the same time (or just approve residence, if the person is already in NZ on another visa).

NSC is carried out by a totally different department of the NZ government, which keeps their business private. There is no way to access this department, either for private individuals or for INZ.

will there be any way if foreign government doesn't reply for a long time what INZ often deal with this situation?
    It's not up to INZ to deal with this. If someone's application is required to have NSC approval (which would be because of their nationality, or where they have lived and worked), the INZ CO cannot go ahead with granting the visa until they get word from NSC. The CO has no control over that situation. And as I just said, nothing at all is made public about how NSC works.

Thank you JandM
    I hope My NSC result come soon

I was told recently by someone from INZ that NSCs are coming back much more quickly than they used to. However, this might apply to ones that were sent off recently under a new system.

Dear Karen
    Thank you very much for sharing this info. I can only hope hope and hope for quick reply for NSC

Thanks JandM and Karen for the help.

And Roberto, my NSC was started I think in OCT/ Nov 2013. And still waiting , figures crossed , hope to get it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by wellynz View Post
    Thanks JandM and Karen for the help.

And Roberto, my NSC was started I think in OCT/ Nov 2013. And still waiting , figures crossed , hope to get it sooner.
    Best wishes Wellynz for your NSC

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It's not possible to predict. It can be a VERY LONG TIME. This is because the NZ officials dealing with NSC send queries to the foreign government of the country where the person being investigated has worked or lived, or where they're a national, to verify that the applicant has not worked in a position where they might have responsibility for repression, terrorist activity, or civil rights abuse, and the foreign governments are often in no hurry to reply.
    Hi JandM,

I applied the Resident visa based on partnership on August this year, and just received this NSC form today. Is it necessary included in the application docs or the immigration randomly choose someone to undergo this investigation? Do they really go through all the employment history, because I myself forgot the actual time when I was employed and unemployed, I can just remember the approximate time. And when I was unemployed I stayed home with my family. Because I am afraid it will take ages to finish all this. Can you explain to me? Thank you so much.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast