Thread: Working holiday Visa Slovenia to NZ

Default Working holiday Visa Slovenia to NZ

Hello,

Me again Can anyone explain to me this (I went through FAQ @ Immigration New Zealand on-line site for applying, but couldn't find out...). On 8th of April they open on-line application quota for Slovenian citizens. Me and my boyfriend will apply for WHV but we are afraid if only one of us gets it. But on the other hand we still are in doubt - is it possible / allowed that only one partner gets WHV and the other goes with him (of-course with all needed papers that we are partners - not married) or this option doesn't come in consideration under applying for WHV (I mean is maybe possible only for some other visa form - like working visa, studying visa etc.)

Please, if anybody has an answer I would be very grateful (Monday is coming soon, I know I am a bit late, but I haven't even thought about this option up until now).

One other thing - regarding visa payment - you probably get charged for visa (85 GBP for Slovenian example) only after your application is confirmed, right? At the start you only pay fee?

I don't know the answers to all your questions. However, definitely, EACH of you would need to have their own visa. There is no partner-sponsored visa allowed to go with a WHV.

I'll share my experience, although things might have changed in the last four years.

If you apply on the same day, I don't see why only one of your applications would be approved (assuming you both meet the criteria). We did that, submitted my partner's, then mine straight after and had no problems. The only scenario where you'd have such issues is if the quota normally fills quickly (like Silver Fern visa where we're talking about minutes), but the Slovenian doesn't I don't think and as soon as you successfully submit the application, you have a spot held (see Q&A).

The fee (85 GBP atm, there's no other fee) is paid upfront as your application is submitted.

If for some reason your partner's application is unsuccessful, he could always accompany you on a 3-month visitor visa (which is issued automatically when entering NZ) but he would be unable to extend it. However, if he has right qualifications and he happened to get an offer of employment within those three months, he could possibly apply for an Essential Skills work visa for example and start working once it's approved.
    Last edited by Elaine_NZ; 6th April 2014 at 10:18 AM.

As Elaine mentioned it would be preferable for you both to apply at the same time or within a few minutes of each other. How long it takes for the quota to fill does vary between countries, though it is possible for the quota to be filled within 10-15 minutes of opening. With the high demand you sometimes have to try more than once to get your application in as the system can also over.

Thank you all for your experiences / information, very helpful. Just for the record - visa quota for Slovenia is filled within "a minute" And of-course everyone is telling their own story and that is how I heard that one couple got only one visa (WHV) and other "part" accompanied on the base of "partner" status - partners visa. So you'll understand, why I asked :/

As you will see here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm, under the heading Your partner holds a New Zealand work visa, it specifically says that WHV holders cannot sponsor a partner. The rule has been the same for a long time.

For your best chance at this, can you each be on separate computers? - I think I saw on another thread someone talking about using the same one, one after another, and that is always going to give a chance of delay, and/or possible confusion over having the same IP address.

Hello JandM, yes yes, we have 2 computers and good int. connection, so that shouldn't be a problem. Hoping for the best on Monday (on 8 April at 10:00am New Zealand time) and talk to you guys about results have a nice Sunday, hope is sunny - as here