Thread: Visa Marriage?

Default Visa Marriage?

Kia ora!

I need urgently some help. I have a New Zealand boyfriend since December 2013 and stayed till end of March at his flat in New zealand.
    When I came home i found out that I am pregnant of him and we are both happy about this. So I want to go back to New Zealand and we want to marry in august. However, i still do not know if i would get a visa then since we are not even a year together. But anyway we have serious plans and i am even pregnant so i hope that there is a way to do it. I really want to stay with him and also he does not want to miss this special time in life with me....
    I would be grateful if someone knows some information.
    Thank you very much
    Marianne

If you have at least two months' proof of partnership - that means, for Immigration NZ, proof that you lived together, and you can see old threads on this forum about what you need for proof https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof - there is a partner-sponsored work visa which you could apply for. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm

Gosh you hardly know him, your relationship has not got off the ground, and want to spend your life together with the problems that a baby can & will bring. !!

Here are few details for moving to NZ as partner under 12 month relationship : http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1105

Smile Thanks

Thanks so much for your help! The links are really helpfull

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fern49 View Post
    Gosh you hardly know him, your relationship has not got off the ground, and want to spend your life together with the problems that a baby can & will bring. !!
    This is not helpful feedback. This forum is for people to get their questions answered about New Zealand, not to be chastised for their life choices. Please keep it professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Fern49 View Post
    Is this a practice question so she can be ready for the immigration interview? If so, you're being very helpful.

What you could possibly do is consider a visitor visa, perhaps a 9 month one and then apply for a partnership temp work visa (giving you 12+ months) at the end of that period (you don't have to work, it's your choice but it would give you more time to live in NZ and gather evidence to put towards a partnership residency visa. Congratulations by the way, hope you're having a happy pregnancy.