Thread: Shipping Companies--East Coast USA to Wellington

Default Shipping Companies--East Coast USA to Wellington

Hello All,

My husband and I are moving to Wellington from Baltimore, MD in June. We've had difficulty contracting a shipper; most simply don't respond to our queries with solid information (including Crown Relocations). We have tentatively decided to go with Transworld International Removals--has anyone had experience with them? One snag we've encountered is the payment process--they require either we pay the full cost up front (before shipment), or have my husband's employer pay directly (further complicated by the fact that the employer won't pay anything until his technical start date, which isn't until June, and we want to begin the shipment in May, as it could take up to 10 weeks).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Can't help too much. We moved from CO a year ago and used Ranier, as have many who moved from the US. We paid once our container was on the boat, but prior to it being picked up, I'd be a little weary.

I haven't been helpful, but goodluck, you're in for more ups and downs than your favourite roller coaster!

I would highly recommend New Zealand Van Lines. They handled our move from San Francisco to New Zealand a little over a year ago. They organised a local company in San Francisco to come out and do the survey (Crown Moving & Storage). Our move was a corporate relocation and we were looked after well. I would recommend getting a few quotes though as we had a few from some of the bigger companies and they were much dearer than NZ Van Lines. I would also check and see if they are a FIDI member and if they belong to any other organisations. In my experience it is easier to work with a NZ based agent as they are the ones who will handling the delivery of your effects. Let me know how you get on. Good luck

Rainier handled my move from Arizona to NZ. I was happy with their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Zanderblot View Post
    Hello All,

My husband and I are moving to Wellington from Baltimore, MD in June. We've had difficulty contracting a shipper; most simply don't respond to our queries with solid information (including Crown Relocations). We have tentatively decided to go with Transworld International Removals--has anyone had experience with them? One snag we've encountered is the payment process--they require either we pay the full cost up front (before shipment), or have my husband's employer pay directly (further complicated by the fact that the employer won't pay anything until his technical start date, which isn't until June, and we want to begin the shipment in May, as it could take up to 10 weeks).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

We used Rainier out of Seattle for our DC to NZ move and were more than happy.

Yup, I'm going with Ranier as well and I'm moving out of Wilmington.

hi we've just asked rainieros for a quote to move our small amount of stuff from NYC to NZ, does anyone have anymore feedback on them ? I'd appreciate it thanks!

j