Thread: Resident Visa approved for SMC application with contract of service

Post Resident Visa approved for SMC application with contract of service

Hi all,

Thought this won't be easy application as I was applying residency under SMC with a contract of service. Had searched in forums a lot for information on other residency applications with contract but found very few information.
    Good news is, mine got approved and here's my history.. Hope this information helps others.

-> 5 year experience in IT work from home country (all permanent work): Nepal
    -> Came to New Zealand for PostGraduate Diploma in computing: Feb 2011 - December 2011
    -> Part time offshore development work whilst I was studying.
    -> Contract (contract of Service) with IT Consulting/Recruiting company: Jan 2012 - December 2012 (Job search visa).
    -> 2 year contract with possible extension (contract of service) with same IT Consulting/Recruiting company: October 2012 - October 2014.

-> EOI application lodged and AIP : End of June 2013
    -> Application lodged: 11 November 2013
    -> Residency Approved: 7 April 2014

Let me know if you have any questions..

Thanks for sharing your experience.

congrats mate, which branch did you apply in and did the CO asked for any documents?

Not really for any additional documents. We did provide comprehensive documents with the original application which included contract agreement, invoices, foreign payment bank statement, educational and previous work experience letters.

If there's any specific thing that you're looking for, do let me know.