Thread: Invited for interview

Default Invited for interview

Hi everyone,

Sorry to trouble you but I have just been invited to a telephone interview with my Case Officer and I am worried about it.

I have applied under the Skilled Migrant Category without a job offer and while I was expecting the interview as I knew I didn't have a job offer - the emphasis of the interview questions have worried me.

Our plan has always been to apply for residency as we have 155 points without a job offer, get the visa in place and then look at getting a job starting in September / October and only leaving the Uk once employment has been secured.

However the emphasis of the interview questions the Case Officer has indicated that she will ask around seems to be about what efforts I have made to secure a job - i.e. what employers I have contacted, how many people I have sent my CV to, feedback from interviews, etc.

Does this mean that my visa will be turned down as I haven't applied for any jobs yet as the plan was to apply once we had the visa so that we could manage the move with less time constraint?

I have contacted two firms but that was through introductions I gained during a networking meeting in London rather than directly seeking a job and while both have had my CV, nothing is set in stone.

Sorry for the long post.

I hope someone can help my nerves!

Kind regards,

Rhys

I'm actually in the same boat as you.. I got my CO allocated in a couple of weeks after I submitted my ITA on 24th Feb and now the interview is set up for tomorrow. Once it was set up, I went through the interview questions and then hurriedly applied for open positions through SEEK but I haven't received any feedback on those.

But I think if your interview goes well, they'll at least offer you the 9 month Job search VISA. Here's hoping for the best..

Good luck with your interview!

It's happened way quicker than I expected.

I feel prepared for the interview - just hope that the fact that I am not able to leave yet doesn't count against me.

Nerves are definately building!

My experience may be a little out of date now, as it did occur over four years ago.

I had not applied for any jobs though I had spoken to a couple of recruiters to check on what the market was like. At that stage it was moving to the "no interview unless in NZ" phase.

I was able to tell her the enquiries I had made and that I had been reviewing Seek, and chatting to recruiters. If a job did not come up immediately in my chosen field that I was happy to temp. I was connected with people through this board, had looked at areas and the education system, had considered childcare, had moved areas in Scotland and always succeeded in settling etc.

Like you, we wanted to have the visas first, and make the move together. We made the move without jobs to come to as we were at a stage in our lives where it was not too big a gamble.

Thank you Mamee & Co, that was a great relief to know that I'm not dead in the water. Was horrified when the interview came so early as I just knew we couldn't go for another five months.

Will read through all my research tonight so i am fully prepared for tomorrow! Probably not going to get much sleep - we've sacrificed a lot to emigrate and I hope it hasn't been in vain!

Would you help to indicate which branch of INZ is processing your application?
    It looks CO allocation in your case is really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx-NZ View Post
    Would you help to indicate which branch of INZ is processing your application?
    It looks CO allocation in your case is really quick.
    Hiya, we've been allocated to the London UK branch.

It has been really quick - it has shocked us to be honest. We're not as far along in the moving process as we expected to be when all this happened.