Thread: Student Traveling to NZ

Default Student Traveling to NZ

So I have just begun my research on immigrating to NZ from the US as a student, and I'm not entirely sure how to get medical insurance while I'm over there. I'm on Obamacare now, but I am unsure if that will continue to apply while I am out of the country. Will I need to find a medical provider in NZ? How much will that cost/what does that entail?

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by celblocktango View Post
    So I have just begun my research on immigrating to NZ from the US as a student, and I'm not entirely sure how to get medical insurance while I'm over there. I'm on Obamacare now, but I am unsure if that will continue to apply while I am out of the country. Will I need to find a medical provider in NZ? How much will that cost/what does that entail?

Celeste
    If you signed up for insurance through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), you have private insurance. The first thing you should do is to contact your insurance provider to see if your plan will cover you while you are studying abroad.

Thank you! I will look into that.

If not, all good education providers in NZ can arrange reasonably priced insurance cover for you and they are required by law to make sure you have it. $200 NZ per year should be plenty.