Thread: Requirements for a permanent resident visa with reference to Guide for Resident and Former Resident Visa Holders

Default Requirements for a permanent resident visa with reference to Guide for Resident and Former Resident Visa Holders

Dear All,

After having the Residence Visa ,
    Did some one availed the below option with reference "Guide for Resident and Former Resident Visa Holders" OR some can brief please:
    Thanks and advance:
    Requirements for a permanent resident visa* You must:
    • hold a resident visa, or have held one in the last three months
    • hold, or have held, that resident visa for at least two years continuously, and it has been at least two years since your first day as a resident in New Zealand
    • have met any conditions that your resident visa was subject to under section 49(1) of the Immigration Act
    • meet character requirements for residence
    • have met one of the five commitments to New Zealand criteria set out below.

5. Established base in New Zealand You have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of at least 41 days in the 12-month period immediately before lodging your permanent resident visa application, and all members of your immediate family who were included in your residence application have resided in New Zealand for a total of at least 184 days in the two-year period immediately before lodging your permanent resident visa application. Also, either:
    • you own and maintain a family home in New Zealand*, or
    • you have been genuinely employed full-time in
    New Zealand, in paid employment, for a total of at least nine months in the two-year period immediately before lodging your permanent resident visa application. Employment involving payment by commission and/or retainer is not acceptable.
    With your application you will have to provide evidence of owning and maintaining a home or evidence of employment. Evidence of owning and maintaining a home may include:
    • your residential property title deed
    • mortgage documents
    • rate demands
    • home insurance papers, and
    • accounts for the telephone, electricity, gas or water.
    Evidence of employment may include written confirmation of your full-time employment from your employer(s). If you are self-employed, you should provide evidence you have established, purchased or hold shares in a business in New Zealand, and are actively involved in managing or operating that business.

Note:* You are considered to own and maintain a family home in New Zealand if you own a residential property that you bought within 12 months of your first day in New Zealand as a resident and you, or members of your immediate family who were included in your residence application, live there.

The file size is big so i can not attached , please find below link of pdf file for above point
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1176.pdf

Best Regards

What is it you want to know?

Yes, I got the PR via the "Establishing in base in New Zealand". What's the question?

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39895

Hi Guys,

Sorry for late reply .
    My query is if some one availed the above option to get PR , can he/she explain how they managed to get it? In terms of 41 days stay period of Principal applicant in NZ of every year in two years and the 184 days family stay in NZ before lodging PR application? Which city will be good to buy property?
    Do i need to pay the tax while I will work outside NZ and family stay in NZ for 184 days before PR application? Can I mortgage property immediately after landing by showing my off shore financial status?

Best Regards

Manage to sort out?

I tot 41days only apply on 2nd years b4 applying PR only. (For main applicant)

For offshore very difficult, best is spouse work in NZ and apply......joint name may be have better chance...

someone asked me whether if worked first 9-11months on first year but went back to own country for good can still apply for PR right at the end of 2nd year..clocked in 41 days in 2nd year..anyone hv done this b4...

^^ I'm also curious about this.

I know that you don't have to be in New Zealand when you apply, but something tells me if you made it known to INZ that you were back in your home country "for good," that might give them a bit of pause to say the least.

There is this 184 days each of the 2 years.... it seems they are ok with you still at both side so I think should be alright.

Hi A.C.Slater sorry I have one question, you got an Essential Skills Work Visa Received in which field? what kind of job?

A.C.Slater has not been on the forum since April last year, so may not see your question.