Thread: Residence Visa - Partnership Evidence

Default Residence Visa - Partnership Evidence

Hi fellas

I received an email from my CO relating to partnership evidence.

Mrs and I have been married for 1 year and 4 months living every single period of that time together minus the 3 weeks I was apart in NZ before I got a job.
    Anyways, I have collected and compiled the necessary information and details since that email.

I realized something though, I submitted my Residency ITA while my wife's work visa (partnership based) was being processed and the primary documentation to prove her relationship with me was being held by immigration at that point in time. I spoke to one of the immigration officers regarding this, and he/she said that the CO can always open up her file and take documents from there.

So couldn't my residency CO look at her previous application and find the evidence previously used to assess our partnership credibility instead of asking me to resubmit the same documents? I don't have a problem with that, and I am going to do that first thing on re-opening of business day. But its just delaying the process, which continues to make the wait more anxious ..

Thanks

If your applications are processed in the same office or in Auckland, then information can easily be linked between applications.
    If different offices, information has to be transferred, which is a slower process - but easier than resubmitting everything again.

Another point to note is that Immigration require partnership evidence up until you apply and have the application approved.
    So they need evidence from when your wife submitted her application until you submit your ITA to confirm your relationship is ongoing.

So they need evidence from when your wife submitted her application until you submit your ITA to confirm your relationship is ongoing.
    Yes, and don't be surprised if they ask for even more partnership evidence right at the end of the processing, to cover the time since lodgement, just before the visa is granted - they often do this, to make sure of not issuing a visa to someone whose partnership has broken up.

When I applied for residency I had been married to my wife for 7 years already. So there was plenty of evidence. My application for the work visas fell right into the time I applied for residency. So some of my evidence had been submitted already. I just asked my CO if she could get some of the evidence from the other application and told her if she needed more, I would of course get her everything she needs to see.

Here a quick list of what I had send in:

Wedding Certificate
    Photos of us alone and with other family members and friends (10 or so), written who is on the pictures on the back.
    A letter from our bank showing we have a joint bank account, which also included the address we were both living at
    Car insurance letters showing my address
    NZ transport agency letter showing my wife's address
    Tenancy agreements with both our names on them.

In my case no more evidence was needed. My opinion is the more you send in the happier they are. My residency application was approved within a week and a half, after a CO had been assigned.
    Last edited by J32; 13th April 2014 at 04:09 PM.