Thread: A few questions related to my JSV

Default A few questions related to my JSV

Dear friends,

Hope you are doing well with your immigration processes.

Recently, I got my skilled job as a software engineer via SMC job search visa and I contacted my CO to consult what are the next steps afterwards. My CO responded me as follows:

In order to keep on processing your application, please submit reference letter with detailed job functions, two-party-signed job contract, the company’s last two years financial statements issued by a chartered accountant, as well as IRD report and/or payment slip.

The reply turns out it's pretty simple. I come with a few of doubts:

1. What's reference letter with detailed job functions? Is it just merely the detailed Job Role description?
    2. How can I get the company’s last two years financial statements issued by a chartered accountant?
    3. How can I get the IRD report?
    4. Why didn't my CO mention I should submit my evidence by the end of three months service in my company?
    5. Since my CO is based in Shanghai, I am currently staying in NZ. In terms of other friends in our forum, overseas branches will transfer the overseas applicant's case to nearest local branch of INZ. Why didn't my CO mention this point? Does this mean I should submit my evidence from NZ to Shanghai, it seems time-consuming, expensive and unsafe.

Hopefully, the experienced friends can share some opinions on my questions above. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Your friend

1. Yes, just a different way of describing the same thing.
    2. You'll have to ask your employer - but first, see my comment below.
    3. If you actually need this, you'd have to ask the Inland Revenue for a statement of your pay and deductions, but, as you see, your formal pay slip(s) can be used instead.
    4. The three months in the job is not an actual requirement. If you've done three months in the job, you will get your Residence visa without any Section 49(1) condition on it, but if you submit before that, you'll have the condition, which can then be removed after three months in the job - so in the long term, it makes no difference.
    5. You have no need to refer back to your original CO to get your Residence visa. His responsibility for you ended with the grant of your SMC JSV. You can approach the nearest INZ office to where you are now living.

My comment: I don't know why the CO didn't mention the points that you queried. It may be that, not being in a NZ based office of INZ, he's not that familiar with what happens during this next phase. About your question 2 - I think you should ask the INZ office near you what exactly they require, BEFORE you bother your employer with this. As far as I know, although INZ need to be sure that the business offering the job is sound financially, not likely to fail in the near future, they don't themselves do an investigation for every single one (because in many cases, general knowledge would tell them that, for instance, ABC Enterprises has been there for 20 years). Also, I think I remember seeing on the threads that if more detail is required, the contact is between the local INZ office and the employer, not through the applicant having to gather information.

Thank you, JandM.

You are always super helpful!!

Hey guys,

I met a new irritating problem, after discussion with my CO in Shanghai, she insisted that she will handle my JSV case and review my job eligibility for resident visa.(See the above from the detailed story)

However, the Shanghai branch is notorious damned slow!! I submitted all my supporting documents by emailing scanned versions to my CO as she required on 5/12/2014. So far, my CO just sent the verification email on 6/4/2014 to our company's director. My director already replied to her. Again, silence seems forever. By the end of this 26th, I just finished the 3 month of initial period in my company. I am very confident that my job is skilled and there is no reason to take more than one month to finish all verification.

Therefore, can any experienced friends here tell me what is the usual time frame for get approval after submitting the supporting documents of JSV skilled job? Is it impolite that I push around her again because I have already pushed her previously? It's really testing my patience. As you know, in case any ineligible things, I have to apply for another job again, it costs a lot of effort and time is ticking. The waiting game is really horrible.

Many thanks!

Hi. I am not really sure how long this process usually takes. As you are in New Zealand, I suggest you phone the contact centre and explain the situation. You can just check the usual processing time and whether what is happening to you is normal. It may be that your application is being dealt with by Shanghai because the onshore NZ offices are exceptionally busy at present. I would suggest that if you contact your Case officer, it would be better to express concern rather than give any hint that you are trying to "push her". Try to be patient - I know it is hard. Keep us informed of your progress. If I an get any more helpful answers, I will post again. Good luck - Karen

Thank you Karen!

You've really been helpful!