Thread: What are the chances of getting a permanent residence visa?

Default What are the chances of getting a permanent residence visa?

Hi,

I am going to New Zealand on a working holiday visa in summer 2015. I am looking to move the permanently. What are the chances of landing a job there, being a graduate with almost zero experience in the field (marketing/PR)? Are many of the employers there willing to go through all the hustle of hiring an overseas worker?

Regards,

Jakub

There are many existing threads on similar topics. Please use the site search.

Quote Originally Posted by jakubmina View Post
    Hi,

I am going to New Zealand on a working holiday visa in summer 2015. I am looking to move the permanently. What are the chances of landing a job there, being a graduate with almost zero experience in the field (marketing/PR)? Are many of the employers there willing to go through all the hustle of hiring an overseas worker?

Regards,

Jakub
    I have heard of it before, so it's not impossible. But it's a good idea to read about others experiences.

At the end of the day it will come down to you as a person. While in NZ on your Working Holiday visa, you will get the chance to make a lot of contacts, work for any employer. You will get the chance to show people that you are honest, reliable, trustworthy, punctual, have good people skills, word hard etc. You have the opportunity to make this work - it will be down to you. Good luck!

If you can, try making "zero experience" into "1 year experience" untill summer 2015. Or at least "6-month experience", if you meant summer in NZ.