Thread: Passport Photos

Default Passport Photos

I am applying for a Residence Visa under the Partnership category. I am American, he is a NZ Citizen. In the checklist, it states you need to submit 2 passport sized photos for everyone in the application.

On the application itself, it has a place for you to staple 2 passport sized photos. Are they asking for additional "loose" photos as well as the ones stapled to the application, or are the ones stapled to the application the ones they are referring to?

Just want to make sure we have everything to send the application in!

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by rthomson View Post
    I am applying for a Residence Visa under the Partnership category. I am American, he is a NZ Citizen. In the checklist, it states you need to submit 2 passport sized photos for everyone in the application.

On the application itself, it has a place for you to staple 2 passport sized photos. Are they asking for additional "loose" photos as well as the ones stapled to the application, or are the ones stapled to the application the ones they are referring to?

Just want to make sure we have everything to send the application in!

Thanks for your help!
    It's just the two stapled to the form. You will need additional photos for the Medical, Lab, and Xray forms.

If you've been through the immigration process in the US, you might be a bit reluctant to call the contact centre in NZ for answers because it's so difficult to get any answers when going through US immigration process. My experience has been that, for the most part, when I call INZ for information, they answer my questions politely and thoroughly.

Thanks for your response. Yes, the US immigration process was not the best experience. However, we are finding that since we do have that experience, it has been helpful during this process.

My experience has been that, for the most part, when I call INZ for information, they answer my questions politely and thoroughl

i agree with kiwieagle. INZ is very helpful. It's also easy and cheap to make a phone call through Skype. (not a video call but a phone call. It costs very little)

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    My experience has been that, for the most part, when I call INZ for information, they answer my questions politely and thoroughl

i agree with kiwieagle. INZ is very helpful. It's also easy and cheap to make a phone call through Skype. (not a video call but a phone call. It costs very little)

My husband and I went through the torturous process of gaining green cards and then Citizenship in the US, and in comparison getting Residency, and now Permanent Residency in NZ has been a delight. They are polite, friendly and still professional.