Thread: change in LTBV

Default change in LTBV

Hi
    I am hoping for some advice from anyone that is currently on the LTBV. My husband and I have been here since Feb 2013, we set up business and are now working through our business plan, work is good, things are picking up and we will be hoping to employ staff in the near future (all in our original business plan). Now that the rules have changed since March 2014 will this affect people like us who are half way through the business plan in the hope to get Permanent Residency?

What happens after the 2 years of working towards business plan? If we can prove we have done everything in the plan are we likely to come across any further problems with the rules changing?

I am also doing other research, but was just wondering if anyone else is at this stage, or perhaps just applied or got permanent residency through this route. If so would really like to know how things went.

Thanks in anticipation
    Mirrors

See page 2, on to page 3, here. They seem to be saying that the rules you applied under will hold good for you. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...igrationQA.pdf

JandM is quite right. I was at the launch of the new Business Policies recently and it was stated categorically that people in your position would not be disadvantaged. You should be able to get residence under the Entrepreneur resdiene category if all is well with your business - and it sounds like it is!. If I were you, I would contact the Business Migration Branch and ask if there is any change to what they need from you and see what help and reassurance they can offer.

Thank you so much for your quick and very helpful replies, they are very much appreciated, feeling much more confident cheers

We have an LTBV and applied for Residency in Feb 14 and my advisors are saying that immigration is trying to assess us under new new rules. Even though the pdf docuement says something totally different!

Hi Farmer, yes I have just seen your post (prior to seeing this) and have sent you a PM. My immigration agent (back in UK) seems concerned that we may be assessed under the new rules and is advising that we get a new adviser, who is based in NZ, and is experienced in this, which I thought she was. We arrived Feb 2013, had only 6 weeks to set up the business (long story), managed and and was then granted the 30 month visa to run and develop the business. It is going good, but slower than we expected. We will be able to apply for permanent residency after Feb 2015 but are quite worried with regard to all the conflicting info I am getting from my agent. I have been looking on this forum to see if anyone else has actually gone through to PR after the new rules came into force and to see how they got on.

Looking at the new and old what is the point that makes the new so much harder/difficult/worse? I'm looking at it from my business that I'm starting and either route seems acceptable unless I'm missing something? My case officer did write when I received my LTBV that I would be assessed under the old rules but not sure if it matters?

Thanks,
    Mic

Default How are things going on the investor visa

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrors View Post
    Hi Farmer, yes I have just seen your post (prior to seeing this) and have sent you a PM. My immigration agent (back in UK) seems concerned that we may be assessed under the new rules and is advising that we get a new adviser, who is based in NZ, and is experienced in this, which I thought she was. We arrived Feb 2013, had only 6 weeks to set up the business (long story), managed and and was then granted the 30 month visa to run and develop the business. It is going good, but slower than we expected. We will be able to apply for permanent residency after Feb 2015 but are quite worried with regard to all the conflicting info I am getting from my agent. I have been looking on this forum to see if anyone else has actually gone through to PR after the new rules came into force and to see how they got on.

We are
    Looking into the business visa ( now entrepreneur ) and curious how things turned out for some folks. Thanks