Thread: Sports!

Default Sports!

Hi,
    I have booked my air tickets to NZ and will arrived 29 July this year. I am coming to NZ on a work travel visa.
    I am just wondering if there are boxing, football and running events I can join in NZ? I am a active guy and have always enjoy playing sports regularly even back in my home country Singapore! Basically, just a adrenaline junkie.

How can I go about looking for like-minded people to play sports together?

Hey there Henrik,

Where abouts are you moving to? There is allsorts about, but a huge factor is what part of the country you will be in.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by sammypepper View Post
    Hey there Henrik,

Where abouts are you moving to? There is allsorts about, but a huge factor is what part of the country you will be in.

Cheers!

I will arrive in Auckland and will probably spend the first few days there while settling personal stuffs.

Try university clubs or community centres, halls. Generally gatherings are usually informal and you won't know until you contact them personally on what's going on and where.

I know lots of Indonesian who play football here. If you want, I can check with them. Just PM me if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by xanctus View Post
    I know lots of Indonesian who play football here. If you want, I can check with them. Just PM me if you are interested.
    Hi,
    Thanks! I will be arriving at NZ on 29 July this year! Would certainly contact you for football games when I am there!

Quote Originally Posted by batgirl1001 View Post
    Try university clubs or community centres, halls. Generally gatherings are usually informal and you won't know until you contact them personally on what's going on and where.
    Thanks!
    Any links where I can find the community centres contact information?

The internet is your friend! Just as an example, not knowing where you're going to be, I did a search for 'Henderson Auckland community centre' and this is what came up. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=henderso...mmunity+centre

I generally find that clubs don't have online message boards or links when it comes to ongoing activities and events. They usually communicate via email or through facebook etc to arrange their activities. At least that is how I do it - when I joined in activities. The links may provide you with a general contact number where you can approach the person in charge or the main phone number and from their own, personally email them or contact them via phone. Many university clubs and community clubs (you'll find them in many residential suburbs) post their events on notice boards as well so it is a matter of you being proactive and looking out for them.