Thread: Residency Application: Finances?

Default Residency Application: Finances?

Do they investigate your financial situation when you apply for residency? I heard from someone that they had to prove they had so much in savings to demonstrate that they wouldn't be a burden on the system. Do I need to be stockpiling some cash in preparation for that? Are they going to look at my 401k account and brokerage account in the USA?

Only if your residency is dependent on those fiinances such as going down the entrepeneur route.

If you are applying as a skilled migrant then they assess that you meet the SMC ciriteria, financially all they will care about is that you can pay their immigration fees.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by doreysc View Post
    Only if your residency is dependent on those fiinances such as going down the entrepeneur route.

If you are applying as a skilled migrant then they assess that you meet the SMC ciriteria, financially all they will care about is that you can pay their immigration fees.

Simon

Ha. Great. Well, we're planning on taking out a second mortgage to get those paid, so that's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by A.C. Slater View Post
    Ha. Great. Well, we're planning on taking out a second mortgage to get those paid, so that's all good.
    HOLY CRAP, the immigration fes are NOT that much? Are you sure you did the conversion correctly? It is ~2K for the application, ~1100 for the levies......

Quote Originally Posted by Norgal View Post
    Sorry. Sarcasm! They did seem pretty high to me, but I guess I don't know any different. It's my first migration. ;-)

Sorry. Sarcasm! They did seem pretty high to me, but I guess I don't know any different. It's my first migration. ;-)
    LOL you totally freaked me out! I had to go check several times to make sure I did not miss something. AU is about 9K for my family what would be just under 3K for NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgal View Post
    LOL you totally freaked me out! I had to go check several times to make sure I did not miss something. AU is about 9K for my family what would be just under 3K for NZ.
    $1,810 for all three of us. I guess it's not a rip-off after all.

$1,810 for all three of us. I guess it's not a rip-off after all.
    It is a freaking BARGIN!