Thread: applying for Essential skills visa, if you've gone over the 12 months on a WHV

Default applying for Essential skills visa, if you've gone over the 12 months on a WHV

Hi, I,m currently on a 23 month WHV, I'm about to apply for an essential skills visa, but I've gone over the 12 months of allowed employment (due to having to do a three month trial period before getting a permanent job offer), i know a few others that have gone over the 12 and gone on to get another visa with no problems, some have been questioned about it and some haven't, so i just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this,

I'm thinking i should take my application to the local immigration office, and be honest with them about it.

Thanks foe any advice,
    Matt

It's never worth NOT being honest with INZ, because if someone picks up on something you haven't been straight about, even something not really serious in itself, that failure to mention can be the reason for refusing an otherwise perfectly good visa application. You're bound to be anxious, but I agree with you - you've got to go through it. Good luck!