Thread: I'm looking for intermediate/junior civil engineering position (any where in NZ)

Default I'm looking for intermediate/junior civil engineering position (any where in NZ)

Hello my friends

Do you know any open position for an intermediate/junior civil engineer any where in NZ? I have work experience in consultancy and construction(Iran and Cyprus).

1 year internship, near 3 years (2 years &10months) part/full time work experience as a structural engineer in Iran, 1 years and 3 months full time civil engineer in Cyprus.

My qualification is in exempt list( I graduated from one the best university in Iran, BS of civil engineering-structures) I would send my CV and more details if you know any open position.

Best regards

Hi, Piromo,
    You can search on the job website like seek for job hunting. But I guess employers in NZ only want to hire people entitled to work in NZ and with local expeirence because their earthquake situation. You can still have a try and if you really want to work in NZ, you can apply other VISAS for job search or SMC for PR. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWS View Post
    Hi, Piromo,
    You can search on the job website like seek for job hunting. But I guess employers in NZ only want to hire people entitled to work in NZ and with local expeirence because their earthquake situation. You can still have a try and if you really want to work in NZ, you can apply other VISAS for job search or SMC for PR. Good Luck!
    Dear Michael
    I really appreciate your advice. I've check seek website and had profile there. My main aim is to apply for smc to become a pr. At the moment, my total point is about 110-130 that is why I am looking for a job to have more than 140 points. Unfortunately, I confused about my current situation. Do mind to guide me a bit?

Best regards

P.S
    (By the way, Iran and cyprus are in high seismic regions and I have a strong seismic design background and strengthenin of existing structures experience. Each country has its seismic standards but the principle of design and analysis is similar and I would become familiar with NZ seismic code easily)

Hi Piromo,

I know this is a bit late but were you able to find a job in NZ? I'm a Civil Engineer too and about to arrive to NZ for a holiday. I'm just checking out my chances also.

Best regards,
    miah

Quote Originally Posted by miah View Post
    Hi Piromo,

I know this is a bit late but were you able to find a job in NZ? I'm a Civil Engineer too and about to arrive to NZ for a holiday. I'm just checking out my chances also.

Best regards,
    miah

Hi Miah,

did you got any chance? Please share your experience...

thks
    Nelson