Thread: One quick question about LTSSL and work experience - need clarification

Question One quick question about LTSSL and work experience - need clarification

Hi!

I don't fully understand whether I meet the requirements for "ICT, Electronics and
    Telecommunication" occupation group or not.

The requirements are as following:
    One of the following qualifications:
    some list of occupations
    AND
    a minimum of three years’ relevant
    post-qualification work experience.
    So, does it mean that in order to meet the requirements I have to have any of listed qualifications AND 3 years of work experience?

What exactly does "relevant" mean? How close should it be? What if I worked 2 months as a Developer
    Programmer
    (261312), then 2 years as an Electronics Engineer
    (233411), then 2,5 years (30 months) as a Systems Administrator
    (262113)?

I don't need bonus points for LTSSL at the moment, I want to get a work visa.

I want to work as a Systems Administrator.
    Last edited by ekini; 5th May 2014 at 04:55 AM.

The short answer is "Yes" you do need one of the qualifications listed from a University on the List of Qualifications exempt from Assessment or an Individual Qualifications Assessment (IQA) to say that your degree is comparable to one of those listed. In terms of what is relevant, all you experience is in the same broad field under the same occupational group and so long as you meet the qualification criteria and it was full-time experience that took place after you graduated, you should be fine, other things being equal.

Thanks, Karen!

Yes, my university is listed and I count only my work experience after I graduated.