Thread: 12 months living together criteria of Residence applications.

Smile 12 months living together criteria of Residence applications.

Hi Everyone

Just a random question to ask. Generally, after how much time are you granted a residence visa after completing the 12 month living together condition in a partnership based residence application? I mean after you application gets deferred to complete 12 months of living together. I know there's no specific time, but want to have a general idea. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    I presume your application was deferred as you do not meet the criteria of 12 months of living together. If thats the case as soon as you complete the 12 month mark you need to send an updated evidence of your relationship (Banks statements, utility Bills etc) with your names in joint or individual recieved at same address.

That is the only evidence you need from my experience as my wife got her residency approved yesterday and we were in the case i described above.

Hope that helps.

Hiren

Hi Hiren
    Thanks a lot for this information. We completed 12 months of our relationship this April. I came to New Zealand in June 2013 and got married in April 2013. Could you please tell us what evidence of living together you gave for your wife before she arrived here in New Zealand. Thanks.

Hi,
    We submitted evidence of our wedding, photographs, invitation cards, society letter stating we've been living together in my residence after wedding, honeymoon itinerary. We were interviewed over the phone and our answers were matched. This was the process when we applied for her work visa.
    Now since you both have lived together in NZ, INZ is convinced that you are in stable relationship and all they need is evidence covering those 12 months for their records.

I have recently applied for Residence Visa(partner). We had heaps of photos may be a bit too much than actually needed as a proof but we sent them all anyway :P And heaps of letters, bills on her name and my name and also both our names together. Proof of registeration with same family doctor. Tenancy agreement and bond agreement, power bills, insurance on both our names. Marriage Certificate. A few letters from friends, a letter from landlord and pregnancy scans. Letters describing our relationship by her and me. Original Passports, Birth Certificates, police clearance, Medical Cert and wedding cards Gift reciepts to each other, holidays spent together proof on the bank statement
    I think we sent enough evidence but then again its upto the immigration to judge and decide :P
    Good luck to EVERYONE