Thread: Buying residential property in Christchurch

Default Buying residential property in Christchurch

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so will begin by introducing myself.
    My name is Melanie and aside from a couple of short stints living in London and the North Island of NZ I've lived most of my life in Christchurch.
    Moving to Christchurch from overseas has always been a huge step - I have several English friends who have come out and never looked back, but I do understand some of the challenges faced as well. Relocating to Christchurch after the earthquakes is a little more complicated again!

The reason I have joined this forum is because I love this city. It's a brilliant place to live which I believe is only going to get better as the city is rebuilt. I would love to offer support to anyone contemplating a move to Christchurch, and with a professional background in insurance and as a licensed residential sales consultant, I am uniquely positioned to assist you.

If you would like to contact me to discuss any aspect of residential property in Christchurch, please feel very welcome to do so. The following is a link to my business profile. http://www.homes4sale.co.nz/gold-age...e-elliott.html

The following is an excerpt from the latest Harcourts Property Watch and relates to the current market conditions in Christchurch:

"There has been a slight drop in the number of listings, but an increase in written sales – an indicator of supply levels falling short of demand. The average selling price for a residential property in Christchurch sits at $476,695. This is fairly constant with the same time last year, however April 2013 was a record setting month. As the rebuild continues and the city’s population continues to increase, LVR restrictions will become increasingly ineffectual. The restrictions have only ever been intended as a temporary measure, and we would applaud moves by the Reserve Bank to end them."

To subscribe to receive a fortnightly update concerning the Christchurch property market and/or to receive details of recent Harcourts property listings, please PM me your name, email address and details of the type of home you are looking for.

Mel